( SHRED MY HEART THROUGH MY RIBCAGE )

║shred my heart through my ribcage
━━━ (OCEAN HISTORY)

WATCH THE OCEAN, WATCH! It folds and curls and tucks in its swan-white sea foams over the satiny sands buried with sparkling sunlight-sprinkled seashells. Too, it devours and bites and steals the golden granular substance to return it to the vast ocean, where Amphitrite will be waiting.

She is stunning, drop-dead gorgeous, beautiful even with tanned sun-kissed bruises and star-carved freckles linking like constellations on her sand-smoothed cheeks. Jawline so sharp knives wept, intricately braided coiffure home to baby starfish and broken seashells, eyes deep and blue enough to force envy from the ocean (only for the environment to swallow it down because green never looked good on oceans), and unparalleled beauty so true the stars squealed and the planets praised Earth for keeping a perfect paragon being while imagination fell to its knees.

Beauty inside out. Careful! Though Venus bites, she was not made to staunch the bleeding Amphitrite repays. Though she rose from sea foam and the castrations of Uranus, Amphitrite rose from nourishing fresh water and the purity of her primal soul.

She was mean when she had to be, always kind. She was unforgiving when the other did not deserve it, forgiving otherwise. She was a mother to all in the deep blue seas, loving and whispering lullabies. Weaving dandelion dreams and waltzing on frothy foams and blowing baby bubbles to the direction of naked newborns and pecking their pinky button noses to elicit light laughter.

OF ALL THE THREE GODS, SHE WAS MOST LOVED! HOW COULD YOU NOT ADMIRE THE BOUNCY BLONDE BANDS COILING DOWN HER BARE BACK?! THE WHIMSICAL SOUND OF HER MELLIFLUOUS LAUGHTER BARRELLING DOWN THE ARCH OF HER BACK?! AND THAT SMILE— OH, THAT SMILE! THE CURE TO MEANINGLESS MELANCHOLIES AND FRAGILE HEARTS HAMMERED HASTILY TO SICKLY RED-BLOODED SEGMENTS! SHE BUILTS IT BACK UP AGAIN LIKE NOTHING! WHAT A GOD!

And watch as seaweed and colourful corals burgeon in the crux of her fingertips. The moon whispers lyrics into the conch of her ear as Amphitrite carols, bewitching mortals and entrancing heavenly beings alike. All equally lay their heads at her feet.

Have you heard, have you heard, have you heard?

Once a mother and her children were playing by the beach. Mother left to get her lotion from her bag, her eyes away from her children for just a moment. Older sister Emily dug up sand to build up her sandcastles from scratch, while Little James waddled to the ocean. Curiouser and curiouser. Little James was oh, so little. Little James took one step forward then two steps back. Two steps forward and one step back. Three steps forward and no step back. Splash, splash, splash! His little arms are flailing all over the place in glee. Splash! Splash! Splash! Oh no, Little James' duckling feet can no longer touch the floor. Now he flails his arms and cries for help. No one hears. Splash! Splash! Splash! No one hears.

But she does.

And when mother grabbed her lotion from her bag and the moment was over, she frantically darted her eyes around the beach — why was Little James nowhere to be found?! Emily doesn't know either. Then up from the frothy foams of the waves which caressed the sands again at the shore, Little James laid there in one piece okay, the foam having wrapped themselves around his body like a cool blanket. Yes, Little James was okay. Thank Amphitrite!

Have you heard, have you heard, have you heard?

Once a pair of buddy fishermen were out in the middle of the seas. Dawn to dusk, dawn to dusk. They hooked baits to the end of their fishing rods and scout out the sea. They were hardly successful this time around, but they said they'd try again next weekend. Only problem was that a thunderstorm was coming their way. Paddle, paddle, paddle. They couldn't be fast enough. Paddle, paddle, paddle. They weren't fast enough. Both had darling families at home; a darling wife and darling children. They insist the gods that they should not meet their ends there! And so they paddle, paddle, paddle. But it was not enough.

But she hears their pleads.

And when the pair of buddy fishermen really thought they were to meet their doom and bid Aidoneus hello, Amphitrite pushes their boat a little with a nudge of her waves and guides them out of the thunderstorm. Just a little push. Their lives were saved. Thank Amphitrite.

(Of course, Baal was upset he couldn't have had a little fun with his thunderstorm but Amphitrite dismisses his grumpy pouts).

Watch the ocean, watch! It folds and curls and tucks in its swan-white sea foams over the satiny sands buried with sparkling sunlight-sprinkled seashells. Too, it devours and bites and steals the golden granular substance to return it to the vast ocean, where Amphitrite will be waiting.

Waiting with her school of fish and her pod of dolphins. Did you hear? The brilliant young ocean god even made a new friend! Undine, the water spirit. Though a divine being like Amphitrite herself, her features were human-like. Mortal sculptured face with fine cheekbones, large almond-shaped eyes holding glassy azure irises star-spangled, overflowing dress of a pure water substance, truly a mini ocean in itself!

The two were a pair of kindred souls. Gossiping during high tide, dancing at low tide. Undine would weave calico scallops into delicate seaweed and call it flower crowns, always making two; one for herself and one for her dear friend. Amphitrite would, too, weave but she'd weave stories and tales instead into mellifluous narratives ensnaring Undine's fascination every time dawn will bleed into dusk. Friendships like theirs was to last until the end of time.

Until begun the devastation.

Until the ink on pamphlets bled scarlet instead of ebony.

Until the ocean drank in bloody red bled by dusk and no longer festooned itself in blues.

Alas, the tale of Amphitrite's downfall was to be told another time.