12 | home sweet home

║home sweet home━━━ (CHAPTER TWELVE)

║home sweet home
━━━ (CHAPTER TWELVE)

VICE CAPTAIN KIRSI RETURNED EARLY THIS MONTH, bringing home a prized reward. Wild whispers rippled through the crowd as they bathed and basked under the gleaming threads of amber sunlight, all eyes on the woman who dragged a peculiar enormous item with her to her base.

"Woah... what is that thing she's dragging?"

"Looks like such an enormous magic item...!"

"Wait... isn't she from the Blue Rose? Look at her robe!"

"Wow! She's beautiful!"

The young woman who the crowd moved for either ignored their comments or listened quietly. Her tiresome journey to return to her squad's base finally ended as soon as she grasped the embroidered fashioned handles of the doors, pushing them open with a sharp exhale. The scent of veilchenblau roses hit her nostrils and nothing but relief flooded her body.

"Welcome back, Kirsi!" greeted one of the Blue Rose members who happened to be passing by.

"It's good to be back." She nodded, sunset eyes festooned with carmine and encompassed in rich ruby scanning the area. "That cat isn't around here again, is it?"

The young woman shook her head. "I haven't seen the cat in days. Still, it's strange to see you hold a grudge against the cat."

"I don't hold grudges over felines," the redhead rolled her eyes albeit her past experiences with cats said otherwise. "Where's Captain? I received this magic item as a reward from the town's chief and I figured I should leave it to her."

"She's having tea in the gardens. By the way, we've got two new recruits."

"Oh?" Curiosity made her face glow. "Who are they?"

"Mirela Ruby from House Ruby and Anemone Coralis from Hage village."

"I see." Thoughts of how the new recruits were like swirled in her head, looking forward to greeting them in person soon. "I'll go say hi to them myself later and perhaps welcome them with some chocolates."

Kirsi Petrov was an ethereal vesper. Her carnelian spun hair was bundled into a loose fishtail braid, neat and detangled, not a single strand of hair sticking out imperfectly. To Anemone, she looked effortlessly beautiful, like the burning echo of eventide bleeding the transition between the lovestruck pairing of day and night.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Pardon?"

"You keep staring at me."

"Oh!" Anemone blurted out, tinged with embarrassment at the realisation. "No, there's nothing on your face... chocolates! I'd like a chocolate, please."

Her cover-up was horrible but she was rolling along with it. Kirsi glanced at the chocolates she held in her hands meant to be a welcoming gift to the newbies and then looked back at her. "Which one would you like?"