21 | chaos unveils under black blankets

║chaos unveils under black blankets━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY ONE)

━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY ONE)

NOELLE SILVA WAS WIDE AWAKE and her ombré magenta irises were peeking through the window to meet blue irises. At first, it shocked her badly to the point where she rolled off her bed. And as soon as her body hit the floor, laughter ensued outside the window. Genuine laughter not mocking but amused and it sounded so starlight, so silvery, so cute. Noelle scrambled to her feet and opened the window.

"What are you doing here?" Unintentionally, it came out as a hiss but fortunately, her face didn't match her tone so Anemone Coralis straightaway knew how delightful she was to see her.

"Thought I could come early for our lesson, Princess." The nickname rolled off her tongue too easily. Noelle didn't like how it quickened the pace of her heartbeat.

"Then why can't you just sneak into Asta's room instead? You two are childhood friends and we barely know each other."

"Exactly, we barely know each other." Anemone parroted in a soothing manner and a winning smile overtook her lips. "So can I go inside first? It's freezing out here."

Morning breezes were not the worst but wait— Noelle's room was on the second floor. How did Anemone get up here? Did she climb? The Silva tried taking a peek outside over Anemone's shoulders and she gaped. Then she pulled her head back in and shock was scribbled all over her face. "You're standing on water?!"

"It's all part of my charm, Silva. Standing on tubes of water and climbing into girls' windows." She joked and continued smiling. All pink over paper white teeth.

"Fine, get in already. But please don't get my floor wet."

"Don't worry, the water isn't affecting my bare feet. I layered it extremely thin with mana."

'Bare feet?' Noelle thought just as it comes into her view. Blisters are spread all over and again, she's shocked. The blisters appeared new and untreated, but her toes also looked calloused. However, before she could say a thing about them, Anemone voiced out.

"Cute room."

Her room here was nothing like her room back at the Silva estate (could she really continue to call that her room? Nebra probably turned it into a secondary room herself as soon as she became a Black Bull). It was chaotic, tacky, some things were all over the place. Purple, teal, pink, navy blue bled everywhere. Funny, there was not a dash of silver in sight. Even the colour black managed to make a home here but not silver, very unlike her original room which screamed silver all over. But despite it's tackiness, Noelle liked it. It was her room. Her dream room. In a way, it made her feel free like a bird outside its rotting gilded cage.

"Yeah. Um... why didn't you just go in our hideout the normal way?"

"Didn't want to disturb Vanessa. She's most likely got a hangover from drinking heavily last night, I assume like usual. Also didn't want to disturb your captain. I bet he's passed out after drinking or smoking or gambling. Or all three."