08 | thorns of a red rose

║thorns of a red rose━━━ (CHAPTER EIGHT)

━━━ (CHAPTER EIGHT)

THERE WAS SOMETHING INDESCRIBABLE and intriguing about Anemone Coralis that made Charlotte Roselei want her on her squad. She appeared to have so much potential based on her performance in the exam today. And for a peasant, her magic appeared strong. Not like Charlotte was against anyone with a low status. In fact, she could hardly care less about where she came from, even if she came from the cutting edge of the forsaken realm. In her eyes, something about Anemone screamed the potential to become an excellent Magic Knight, hence she was willing to raise a hand for her.

"She's pretty..." muttered the Blue Rose member behind her in awe. "And her magic seems different somehow."

Charlotte roughly recalled catching the blunette utter her spell during her match, something along the lines of Ocean Magic instead of the usual Water Magic. It made her want to know the difference between the two and wondered if it was simply a branched out complexity of the basic elemental ability. But magic was not the main thing that piqued her interest. Quite simply, it was the fact that Charlotte saw another strong young woman capable of doing greater things in the future. Of course, she would never foresee just how much that girl would change her life for the better or for the worse — the one with eyes as deep as the ocean habouring something a little deeper than the stars beyond infinity.

And before the captains knew it, the Magic Knights' Entrance Exam was over.

Deep down, Anemone loved Asta like the brother she never had. She really did. But sometimes, she wished she could forget that he was her best friend during situations where he'd make a big scene and she'd get nothing but second hand embarrassment. Namely this moment where he sprinted to the bathroom and yelled about nature taking its course or how he could feel the head come out and his unusual phrases left Anemone to wonder if there was anyone else in the world who would talk about their crap like that.

Aside from said scenario, an easy and comfortable silence settled between her and Yuno. The two had some time to kill so they approached each other before Asta dashed away to do his business. Both looked like they had nothing to say, yet both seemed like there were some unsaid words left marked on the tip of their tongues.