25 | running stars, surviving planets

║running stars, surviving planets━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE)

━━━ (CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE)

THE EYE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN LEADER WAS KNOCKED DOWN, for now. Unexpectedly thanks to Gauche Adlai. The first person to react and snap out of their shock was Asta, who observed himself properly to make sure he wasn't a ghost. Anemone breathed out a sigh of relief and thanked the man reluctantly, to which he replied with a stiff no problem.

"Looks like your own magic took you out." Yami said to the fallen Licht. "Guess you had another natural enemy aside from me. Well, shake it off."

But Licht deliberately ignored his words as his attention was focused solely on Gauche and Anemone, a lingering nostalgia evident in his golden eyes. "I couldn't risk... hurting either of you..."

The two exchanged glances, equally weirded out.

"Yeah, I don't get it. Were the three of you secretly friends at some point or...?" Yami trailed off, switching looks between the three. "He seems especially obsessed with you, Blueberry."

"Of course not. I've never seen this guy in my life and I only met the brat today." Gauche shrugged.

"Listen. Whoever this Cordelia is you keep talking about isn't me. I'm Anemone. Uh-neh-muh-nee." She enunciated her own name, putting a hand to her hip.

But Licht was stubborn. "It's okay, Cordelia. You'll soon... understand."

Anemone's eye twitched. This whole Cordelia thing was growing irritating for her. Sensing her rising vexation, Yami spoke again. "Never mind that confusing stuff, we're taking you back to Magic Knight headquarters, and you're gonna tell us all about your organisation. Now that hot-blooded king of the hardnoses will be able to rest in peace."

"Uhh, sir? He's not dead yet!" Asta reminded but Yami ignored him.

"Now, then. Let's see... Dark Binding Magic—"

An ominous presence pervaded the atmosphere, shaking the Magic Knights to their core. Three mysterious figures appeared a little away from them upon the use of spatial magic, which was mind-boggling because Valtos was unconscious so he couldn't have been the one who brought them here.

"Wow. Stuff got pretty real here." One of them said as they yawned. "I think everything's too much work, but even a lazy bum like me have to save my friends." In a flash, they appeared directly in front of Yami before he could make a move as he placed a hand on the cover of his grimoire. "Weird pattern. Oh, well, not like it matters."

"Dark Magic: Dark Cloaked Lightless Slash!"

Yami's attack landed a hit on the mystery man's shoulders, but Anemone was wary of him. Why did he made the effort of touching the cover of Yami's grimoire? Did he really have light magic too if he could move at light speed and heal using the exact same spell as Licht earlier, as he is doing now?