10 | dear pretty ms. doll face

║dear pretty ms

║dear pretty ms. doll face
━━━ (CHAPTER TEN)

DAWN AROSE AS GRACEFULLY AS ALWAYS and the Blue Rose members were instructed to line up outside the base, most possibly preparing for training of some sort. Anemone wasn't a morning person and one could tell by her tousled hair that usually fell like an azure waterfall down her back in seashell curls swaying akin to the evening waves of an ocean. Her eyes could barely stay open and she desired nothing else but to collapse on the ground just to make the grass her new bed with satin sheets.

"Mornings are evil." Sol made a face, sticking her tongue out after she yawned. Anemone chuckled at her words for she couldn't have agreed more.

"Alright, are all of you present?" Charlotte said in a clear tone loud enough for everyone to hear. She eyed each one of them and kept count in her head. Meanwhile, Anemone thought about with wonder the question of whether or not their captain really wore her armour even to sleep. Contemplating again, she realised what a stupid question it was and she conjectured that their captain was the type who felt insecure without donning at least a piece of armour. At least she wasn't wearing her helmet in the morning and it allowed her golden hair to fall freely behind her back, revealing more of her true beauty. "Good."

"Sis, what are we doing here so early in the morning?" Sol dared to ask after exhibiting another yawn.

"I will get to that, Sol. And call me Captain." She replied strictly and without waiting for a confirmation, continued. "Today, we will be sparring each other. I will evaluate your performance and suggest points on how each of you can improve to become better in terms of combat. Understood?"

"Yes, Captain!"

"Alright." She stopped pacing back and forth and cleared her throat. "Any volunteers to go first?"

There was a moment of silence. And then "I will gladly volunteer, Captain Charlotte."

Anemone peeked her head over someone's shoulder to get a clearer look at the source. Of course, the voice belonged to Mirela Ruby. Anemone had nothing against her except, well, she was the one who kept avoiding her and the two never exactly bonded over being the 'juniors' of the brigade. Neither had the blunette bothered to start conversation with her (or did she scare her with a bug to her face once, twice or thrice? she couldn't quite recall) and that was that.

Charlotte nodded in approval. "Very well. Anybody who would like to spar against Mirela first?" Nobody raised their hand. "I see. Then... Anemone, how about you?"

Whispers about how they were going to watch the juniors spar against one another ran around the Blue Rose members. Anemone had no objections. If anything, she appeared amused. "Hm... I don't mind, Captain Charlotte!"

Charlotte bobbed her head up and down in approval again and ordered the two to stand in the middle, facing each other as sparring partners. "Remember, this is only a quick sparring session so don't harm each other to a great degree and the winner will be determined by whoever surrenders first." As they waited for their captain's following orders, a slight smile curled upward on her lip. "You may begin!"