𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒚

"RISE AND SHINE, DICKHEADS!"

After a night of no sleep and cop cars, Tatum burst into the chateau with a large grin and bin backs hanging from both her arms. JJ, who was sleeping peacefully on the pull-out, was smacked in the face by one of the heavy bags. He let out a little groan and stirred on the couch.

"Lazy little shit," commented Tatum, but her grin returned the moment John B tiredly came out of his bedroom. She shook the bags. "Shopping haul?"

"Where'd you get all that from?" he asked, soothing his temples.

"Your boss," she said simply with a smile, handing him a bag.

"My bo - all that will come out of my paycheck for not locking up properly," complained John B.

"Who needs a paycheck when your best friend does your grocery shopping," retorted Tatum, grinning from ear to ear as she handed him another bag full of stolen goods.

"Jeez, what's gotten you in such a good mood at this time in the morning?" groaned Pope as he entered the living room. John B popped a smile when he searched the bags she had given him.

"With the money we borrowed from the Camerons, we can get Leroy out on bail until his trial," she answered joyfully.

Pope frowned. "You're happy because that psycho is getting out?"

She handed him a bag, too. "He's not a psycho. He's...troubled."

Pope took the bag curiously. He sighed. "You stole us groceries?"

"Don't be such a grump, Poopy Pope," she said cheerfully, punching him in her arm.

She jumped on JJ's back with a sudden burst of energy. "Get up, Lazykins, I wanna go out."

The two boys standing behind her shared a look. They had no idea how she was so hyper so early in the morning, especially when she was clearly out stealing all night. Then again, it was Tatum, and she was full of energy 24/7. Literally. Her clock never stopped.

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk," groaned JJ tiredly, pushing her off him.

She laughed as she hit her head off the off the floor. "Is Kie here? I bought her a present."

"Stole," correct Pope.

"Ugh. You're such a negative Nancy."

The pair began to bicker like siblings as John B left the house and JJ finally started getting up. This was what it was like every day. Nobody in the group had a stable home life - JJ's dad was a prick, John B's dad was missing, Tatum's dad was also a prick, and Pope's dad was everyone else's dad - but none of it mattered when they were together. Because this small group of trashy, southside teenagers were each other's family. They protected each other, they fed each other and they loved each other - most of them couldn't say that about their own blood.

"Shut the fuck up," said JJ as he and John B burst back into the chateau. Pope and Tatum stopped bickering, both turning to their friends with a glare. "We're going out fishing."

Tatum clapped her hands together, energy and excitement pumping through her veins. "Perfect. I brought bait."

"You stole bait," Pope corrected again.

"Nope," she said, taking out the box of mealworms from one of the bin bags. "Actually, Thomas stole it."

"Right. And where's the twin brother from hell today?"

"Community service. He punched Shoupe in the face the other day."

"Punched or beat 'till he seen stars?"

"Can we go now?" asked Tatum, avoiding the question and keeping her energy high.

"Gread idea, Tate," said John B cheerfully.

"Yay. I can't wait."

"Meet you all at the decks in 30."

All three nodded to their leader in agreement.