𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗. 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒔

"I SERIOUSLY HATE YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS."

Tatum rolled her eyes at her brother's obvious statement. He'd been repeating that exact sentence ever since he saved her for the first time. And somehow, the more time he spent with them, the more he despised the pouges. Tatum didn't care. She knew they trusted her now, and that was all that mattered. Plus, whether he liked it or not, Thomas was going to have to keep hanging out with them to get the gold. She just hoped he would finally let his guard down and start to like them, because they were all good people at heart. Especially John B, who Thomas hated the most.

As the twins walked up to the château later that day, they found Tatum's friends, and Sarah Cameron, sitting outside. Thomas turned to his sister with raised brows. He drew the line at hanging out with a Cameron. And he was literally risking his life by appearing on this side of the island.

"What the fuck's Bitchy Barbie doin' here?" the boy demanded, jumping up onto the porch with Tatum.

Kiara threw her arms in his direction. "Thank you, Thomas," she said with frustrated expression. She turned to John B with a glare, refusing to acknowledge Sarah personally. "No effing way! You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

John B looked around for support. The twins stood at either side of Kiara, Thomas angry and ready to slit the boy's throat, and Tatum quiet and not wanting any arguments, but prepared to defend Kie against anything.

Pope shrugged, hating the conflict, but also not really sure about having Sarah in the group. "Dunno."

"Look, all I care about is that, like Tate and Tom -"

"Call me that one more fucking time, Maybank!"

"- her cut comes out of your share," he finished, ignoring the murderous glare he was on the receiving end of. Unlike the others, JJ had known the Quinns personally basically all his life. Though he was only ever close with Tatum, he still had regular conversations with the other siblings. And while 'regular' didn't exactly fit the category of those conversations, he knew by now that Thomas Quinn was all bark, no bite, rather than the other siblings, who would actually kill someone without hesitating.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," said Kiara furiously. She couldn't believe John B brought Sarah here, to one of the pouge meetings, without any warning. She glared at the blonde girl, finally addressing her. "This is our thing. A pouge thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this," Pope spoke up, earning a light smile from Thomas. Tatum raised a single brow at her brother's reaction. He knocked all the emotion off his face faster than it came.

"Thank you!" said Kiara, throwing her hands out at him.

"When are you not?" John B pointed out.

"He's such a shitty friend," muttered Thomas, earning a slap from his sister, who strongly disagreed. She'd known and loved John B for a long time, and while he was an absolute idiot, he really was a good friend. And almost everything he did was for the pouges.

Pope shrugged. "I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true," said JJ, pulling Tatum to sit with him on the small, wrecked, magenta arm chair. Thomas scowled at her for leaving him standing up on his own, with her angry girlfriend. "Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

John B nodded, no argument coming to mind. "That's cute, guys."

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," said Kiara bitterly, nodding her head to the blonde she despised.