𝒍𝒙𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒄𝒆

QUIETLY STEPPING INTO THE HOME SHE HADN'T EVEN DARED LOOKING AT SINCE SHE AND THOMAS LEFT, Tatum was sure that nobody would be inside. It was a Friday night - Leroy and her dad would be drinking and starting fights over at Uncle Luke's house. The plan was simple. She'd go to her room, get all her clothes, and Thomas', run away and never go back. She'd return to the Heyward home and breakdown and apologise to all her friends. Especially Kiara. She hated herself for what she did to her. Even if Kie forgave her, Tatum wasn't sure if she'd ever forgive herself.

She was finally going to have the dream family the had always craved. That exact family. Pope, Heyward, Sue - everytime she had dinner at their home, she imagined what it would be like to live with them. And now she was getting that chance. Her dreams were coming reality. She was so excited that she even popped a smile while stepping into the house she was sure she'd never have to see again, because, by tomorrow, she'd either be rotting away in a cell or becoming a member of the Heyward family. Either way, it was better than living with the Quinns.

However, the outcome of tonight was nothing like how she expected.

Because standing there, in the dirty, cider-stenched living room, was the most unexpected group of people she had ever seen. Leroy and her father, of course, but side-by-side with Rose and Rafe Cameron.

"Hello, Princess," Nathan greeted with a deadly smile, smashing his son's gun off the ground before he shot his sister.

"What the hell is going on?" asked Tatum, biting on the inside of cheeks as though she was attempting to tear apart her fear. It didn't work - she was terrified. The last time she seen her family, Thomas died. They killed Thomas. She wanted to kill them. But she couldn't. There was no fight left in her tonight.

"As you know," Rose spoke up in her usual sweet, bitchy, trophy wife voice, "my husband's family and yours have been having quite the feud for decades now."

Tatum nodded slowly, recalling every single time they'd stolen from, screamed at and fought the Cameron family. Only a few weeks ago, she set fire to Rafe's bedroom herself.

"Well, Ward has come up with a truce," the woman went on, causing her step-son to grin.

Ward was obviously still out with all the cops, putting on a show in which he was sad for Sarah's passing. But it was him who did it - he was the reason John B and Sarah were dead. Tatum wanted to kill him. She could feel it in her body, the craving to slowly drag a knife across his body until it met his throat, allowing him to feel every piece of pain she put on him.

"And it starts with you," Leroy finished, flicking his switchblade up.

Tatum's eyes widened. Then they went dark. She couldn't see anything.

She never got to apologise.

A/n: season two reveal - it will start in a bunker