𝒙𝒍𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒆

"SHH."

While everyone hissed at her, Tatum only giggled more. It was quite hard not to, considering everything that was going on. The world was truly hectic. She was on the run from her family, she was on a treasure hunt, she was abandoned by her mom, she had major daddy issues, she had a secret triplet-sister, and she was high as fuck while sitting on her best friend's shoulders. How was she not supposed to laugh?

Trying to eliminate some of her energy, JJ carefully put Tatum back to the ground. But it was no use. High or not, Tatum Quinn was always hyperactive.

However, there was one solution to her major energy spasms  - and it wasn't those pills her teachers tried talking her into taking. Kiara placed her warm palm on the back of Tatum's shoulder, and she was instantly struck by the calmness she only felt around this girl. Sarah, who had only ever had two conversations with Tatum (both of them where she was being threatened with a gun) furrowed her brows, not quite understanding her yet. Then again, the pouges had known her for years, and still didn't quite fully understand her. But Sarah smiled - she was happy for the night to be drama-free for once.

Her eyes flickered down to her arms. She was too focused on arguing to notice them the other day. Guilt bubbled in Sarah's body. Growing up, she was taught that all the Quinns were nutcases and to never, ever associate with one, but Sarah never took the time to think about what the four siblings might've been going through. Because even Leroy must've had some tough stuff to deal with, right?

"Stare any longer and a bullet will go through those pretty, brown eyes, blondie," said Tatum. And she was threatening Sarah with a gun. Again.

Kiara tapped her on the arm warningly.

"Sorry."

The boys behind them chuckled at Tatum's usual obedience towards the girl. She worshiped her like an Ancient Egyptian's abyssinian.

Still glaring at the blonde girl she was taught to hate, Tatum rolled the sleeves of her brother's hoodie down, hiding any evidence that those marks were ever there.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to -"

"Shush, hun, you're too hot to make me fuck your body up with the tip of my knife." To prove her point, Tatum dug her hand into her bra and fished out the switchblade she never left home without. Or whatever she was calling home now.

"Tate," hissed John B and Kiara. And neither of them were scolding her for the threat.

The girl turned around and pouted with a shrug, drowning herself in Joseph's old hoodie. She didn't miss him or anything - no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't - but that boy had good taste. It was Thomas who was actually beaten up about the loss of their older brother. The two were inseparable, to the point where people thought they were the famous Quinn twins.

Tatum frowned as she looked at her brother, who was engaged in a conversation with Pope Heyward - he lost his best friend, then he lost his boyfriend. Tatum couldn't imagine losing JJ and Kiara. Any of the pouges.

"Chill, I'll only cut her once we're done with her," she teased with a wink, twisting her heel on the grass to turn back around.

"Be nice," Kiara told her, trying her hardest not to stare too long. Or drool. When Tatum was threatening, she was hot.

She pouted playfully again, wrapping her arms around JJ's bicep, hanging off him like the child she was. "I'm sorry, Sarah Cameron. Very sorry, actually. I shouldn't have said those things when you're already terrified of me, but it's not my fault you're gorgeous and intimidating."