𝒍. 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅

"FOR THE RECORD, THIS IS WHY I BRING MY WEAPONS EVERYWHERE."

At the Tatum's bored words, Barry pressed the gun harder into her temple. The others were easy to scare - even Thomas fucking Quinn. They all listened to him without hesitation; laid on the grass, tears rolling down their cheeks, heads down. But this girl just did not shut up. Barry knew the Quinns of course - everybody in OBX knew the Quinns - but he thought that maybe a gun to the head might scare the crazy one just a little. Then again, Leroy was in his class back at school, and if she was anything like her big brother, she was not going down easy.

"On the ground!" he barked again.

But the foolish girl only smirked. She looked the drug dealer in the eye and raised a single shoulder. "Still chasing after Lee, Bazza?" She patted him on the chest and gave him little pout. "He's just not that into you, babe. You should try finding a new psychopath for you danger kinks."

Barry glared at her for bringing up something so personal. How was she so calm? A gun was literally in her face. Surely there had to be some way to make Tatum Quinn snap.

And then, like God himself was giving him a sign, there it was.

From the floor, Kiara Carrera looked up at her girl, trembling and full of fear. Tatum met her eye, and her face instantly dropped.

But this was good for Barry. He chuckled and stepped back, holding the gun out at Kie instead. "Ha! This is it, isn't it?!" He chuckled darkly at the sight of a horrified Tatum. "Get the fuck on the ground now, or your bitch dies!"

Tatum clenched her jaw. She reached down her shorts, and felt nothing. The gun - all her weapons - were gone. Fucking Pope. All her friends looked up at her, pleading for the girl to just, for once in her life, do the right thing and listen.

She slowly nodded and took a few steps forward, standing up in Barry's face, threatening and looking exactly like her oldest. brother. "I will come back, and I will fucking end you." She smirked at the slight horror his face revealed. "That gun your holding to 'my bitch' -" she used mocking air quotes -"I'll kill your family with it first, then you will feel so shitty that you kill yourself with it." She leaned into his ear, her lips parting slightly. "That's a promise."

Barry had completely lost his temper now. He threw the girl back with a force of fury, but it only humoured her more. "Seriously, baby, I could kill you in my sleep," she said with amusement. "Leave, before I do it." She looked him up and down with a smirk. "'Cause unlike you, I don't need a weapon to draw a lotta blood."

From the floor, everyone glared at her for her recklessness. She shrugged at them. It worked, didn't it? Barry and his little goons that were searching the van left immediately, full of shame that they were scared off by a petty, teenage girl.

Tatum giggled as they drove away in their fake cop car, pulling Kiara up and brushing the mud off her legs, because she knew she'd be mad at her.

"What the hell was that?!" Kie demanded furiously, as expected, pushing Tatum back. "You could've gotten yourself killed!"

Tatum rolled her eyes, her hands loosely gliding themselves up her girlfriend's waist in a way she knew drove her crazy. "Don't be dramatic, babe, he wouldn't dare."

Kiara's breath hitched at her touch. She couldn't speak. Her eyes stared at Tatum's fingers, slowly trailing up her body.

Fortunately, Thomas felt like it was his time to step in. "Dramatic?!" he hissed, glaring at his twin sister. "The dude had a fucking gun to your head!"

Tatum shrugged carelessly. "It's not the first time I've been pistol-whipped."

He sighed and shook his head. If Barry did something...if something happened to Tatum - he didn't know what to think. He hated himself in this moment. Tate protected her friends, and he protected her; that was how it worked. But when that gun was pointed at him, at Pope, he froze. He obeyed the man's orders, even though he knew he could easily take him. And, as usual, Tatum was fearless and did the most stupid thing she could think of in the moment. She could've died...and he didn't stand up to save her from her own recklessness. He always saved her.