𝒙𝒊𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔

"WHERE THE FUCK D'YOU THINK YOU'RE GOIN'?"

Tatum froze at her doorway. At the sound of her oldest brother. Every time she looked at him, it was a reminder that he murdered Joseph without any empathy. He didn't care. Every time she looked at him, it was a reminder that she could be killed for her sexuality. It was a reminder that she could be next. No matter how much the danger and the violence thrilled her, she didn't actually want to go. She wanted to live. She wanted to grow old, somehow become a kook, marry Kie, and set the world to flames. But her family - they made that dream almost impossible to become a reality.

"To John B's," she replied distantly, not daring to look the man in the eye. He had never exactly been nice, but he was never this scary. After he set the house on fire and murdered those people, it changed him. Murder changed him. It was almost like he enjoyed it. He wasn't sorry. He was just like their dad. And that scared the hell out of Tatum.

He stood in front of her. She could feel his breath on her face. He shut the door. "Like hell you are," he said fiercely. He was smirking. He loved the fear he gave her. "Haven't seen you since I moved back home. 'Tis like you and Tom are avoiding me." She cringed at the dreadful nickname he gave her twin. Everybody who knew Thomas knew he hated that name - said it reminded him of a cat, reminded him of a pussy. He got seriously offended when someone called him it. Almost killed a teacher for it.

She shrugged. "It's been a long three months, Lee," she dared to say, knowing he hated that nickname. "We've got lives now. Not trying to be just like our big brothers."

"Brother," he corrected with a cunning smile. She gulped. She could see the switchblade poking out of his pocket. And the gun. And the shank. And a million other weapons. "Unfortunately, we don't have the money to throw dear, old Joe a funeral. Why don't we get it ourselves? Throw in real big bro/little sis bonding, huh?"

Tatum shook her head, plastering on a large smile. She was terrified of this man. "As much as I'd love to go robbin' with you, Lee, I'm really busy today."

He stopped her from opening the door again. "With your girlfriend?" he asked with a grin. At her frozen face, he chuckled darkly. "I see potential in you, kid. Potential Joe, Tom, and the baby cooking in Sheila's tum, could never have. I mean, the way you shot Topper at the beach the other night." He shook his head with a smirk. "You're a real Quinn, you, Tate." Suddenly, the sound of her nickname made her feel sick. "Let's go get Joe some cash, then, eh?"

She nodded because there was nothing else she could to. Behind his kind words was a threat. She knew what he meant. If she didn't go with him, Kiara was dead.

"To the wreck, then, little sis."

She had no power to stop the scenes waiting ahead of her.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

THE QUINNS DIDN'T BOTHER WEARING MASKS when they robbed. Everybody already knew they were the only family in OBX who dared to pull up with deadly weapons and violent threats. Nobody called the police on them - everybody was scared.

Today, Tatum felt as though she were the one who was going to be violently sick. She always managed to stir the crimes away from her friends when it came to the others, but there was no way she'd be able to do it to Leroy. He was too smart, and the only reason he was even going for the wreck was to see how cunning his younger sister really was. Everything was a game to him - and he was the one holding the controls. He'd make Tatum threaten the Carreras whether she liked it or not. Because if not, her girl crush was dead.

The restaurant was pretty much empty at this time in the morning. A few homeless pouges who tried crashing there were scattered around, but there was no one Tatum recognised. Until she reached the counter. Mrs Carrera - the woman who never accepted her daughter's lifestyle or friends. Tatum was only about to mess things up more.

With one last desperate glance at her older brother, she gulped. Tatum pointed the gun at her lover's mother. She shut her eyes to avoid the tears threatening to spill. "2,000 dollars," she demanded. She pushed the gun further into the woman's head. "Now!"

She stepped back to allow her to grab the money from the register. Big mistake. She met Mrs Carrera's eyes. "Why, Tatum?" she croaked.

The girl clenched her jaw and raised her head. "Money. Now. Or your head is blasted off."

From the left of his little sister, Leroy smirked. He could feel the pain Tatum was going through right now, and he loved it. He controlled this whole thing. But it took a lot for her to do this. Only a true Quinn would go through with it, even if the consequence was murder. Tatum was going to be just like him and their father.

Trembling in fear, the woman handed over the cash. Tatum was hesitant to take the money. She'd just pointed a gun to her mom's head - Kiara was never going to forgive her now. Fuck it. She hid any emotion from her face, and grabbed the money.

"Thank you very much, Mrs Carrera," Leroy finally jumped in with a smirk. He took the cash out of his sister's hand and held out his switchblade. "You were a little slow there, Tate," he said, pointing the knife dangerously close to her cheek. "Don't make that mistake again. It only takes a second to dial 911."

Tatum nodded slowly. A tear slid down her cheek. Leroy caught it with the knife, brought it close to his face and licked it. He chuckled. "You'll learn one day, kid," he said, slapping her back. "The less you care, the easier it gets."