𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒆

"POPE, CAN YOU ACT NORMAL?"

Sitting outside of the tourist's favourite shop, which was, of course, Outerbank's main gift shop, where you were also able to book a trip on the ferry, the pouges waited in Kiara's car while Pope went to look around. Unfortunately, Pope was awkward and shaky when he was supposed to be acting normal, and anyone could see from a mile away that he was hiding something. 'Something' being his wanted friends, John Booker Routledge and Tatum Quinn.

"So, um...okay, bad news," he revealed, walking around the car, trying to avoid eye contact with any of the tourons that were currently giving him strange looks. It wasn't until he was standing right outside the window that his friends looked up at him, not wanting to be caught by anyone. "The ferry's closed, and there's this."

Kiara snatched the two pieces of paper from his hand without another word, exahsted and annoyed of running around all day and night. This all could've been avoided if they didn't go looking for that stupid gold. But of course it was stupid to her. She was a kook. To the others, it was one of the greatest things they had done, and they didn't regret it in the slightest. Maybe Pope did, actually, but that was only because he was smart.

Ignoring everyone telling her to stay down, Tatum leaned over her girlfriend's shoulder and grinned at the sheets of paper she was holding. "Cool! I've always wanted one of these!" She took the wanted poster of herself and showed it to the two boys at the back with a proud smile.

"That's great, Tate, just get back," said John B, gently pulling her back down to her seat before anyone seen her through the window.

"I look super hot in this photo." She turned to the other 'criminal' in the car and handed him his poster. Unlike Tatum, he was horrified by the fact there was a photo of him with 'WANTED' written at the top. "You're pic isn't as good, but it's something...I guess."

"On the bright side, at least we know Uncle Nate will let you back now you've got yourself one of these," JJ stated, like it was a good thing. Obviously, going back to her old home was not a good think at all.

Tatum shook her head. "They killed Thomas," she reminded him, her energetic mood bursting into flames. "And even if I wanted to go back, he still wouldn't let me, poster or not; I told him I was gay."

"What?" JJ hissed, because only he knew how threatening that was for her.

"I was trying to protect Thomas..." She shrugged, her face blank. "...Didn't go very well in the end, though, did it?"

Kiara turned around and squeezed her arm, flashing the girl a light smile. John B lifted her so she was sitting in the middle of him and JJ, their arms slung over her shoulders. Pope tried to distract himself by counting - he couldn't think about Thomas right now. Not today. Today, he needed to stay logical, not emotional.

"Anyway," Tatum spoke, retrieving her confident voice, feeling suddenly uncomfortable with all the sympathy. At first, when Thomas first died, she needed it. But now she went back to hating it. "What do we do now? Get high as fuck and wait for the cops to get us?"

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for you and John B right now," Pope stated, thankful for the conversation changer.

"That's a lot of money," said Kiara, looking down at the posters. As expected, Tatum was worth a lot more than John B considering she was a whole serial killer, but his was still more than a normal person's would be, because he was accused of murdering the sheriff. So, yeah. They were fucked.

"Congratulations, guys. You're famous," humoured JJ.

Tatum was the only person to giggle. Today alone, they'd watched her go through a million emotional phases. One minute, she'd be crying, the next, she'd be hyper and giggly, then, she'd be angry, until she'd finally get tired, and the cycle would go on and on. But there was one emotion she never felt. Guilt. And that was what worried her friends more than anything.