Possessive royalty side story

The beginning

The wind was cold and I was all alone, wishing for warmth or comfort of any kind at this point. I had gotten lost, I don't how I managed to, but I was messing around and having fun, sneaking past the guards, then I saw some Sheep shifters playing and then a pretty butterfly... Now the sun has set, and I don't even recognise which direction I came from.

After a few days of walking and crying out for someone to help me, I collapsed. Whimpering quietly, shifting into my cat form and curling up into the grass, the cold wind icy against me, I struggled to stand back up, to exhausted to keep going. 

"You poor dear" came a new voice, somebody stood nearby, looking down at me, they must have been shifted. I closed my eyes and mewled pitifully. I was picked up in a warm mouth and carried off, I couldn't even be scared of them.

I was dropped in front of a fireplace and cuddled close to it, shivering terribly. The person vanished and returned with someone else, both looking at me. I wanted to shift back and thank him, but my bodies to exhausted to even do that. I whimpered and enjoyed the heat of the fireplace.

Day one

I awoke between two warm arms, I looked around in confusion, the room is dark, though I can still see easily, so it must be night. I glanced around, realizing that I was cuddled between the two people, technically the bigger person was cuddling the person cuddling me.

I yawned and looked around, it smelt weird, like wet dog, I sighed and buried myself against the bigger one, where the smaller moved closer, keeping me safely tucked away between them. I'm ever so grateful they helped me and kept me warm. I purred and enjoyed the warmth. I buried my kitten nose into the side of the bigger person and yawned, falling asleep once more.

"morning little on, do you want something to eat" cooed a soft voice waking me up. I sat up and stretched purring loudly as a beautiful lady scratched at the top of my head, a goofy smile on her face.

The larger figure walked into the room, a tall man, he has fluffy orange hair. He lifted me up and I mewled at him, he smiled and glanced at the woman beside him. "I guess it can stay. What's another mouth to feed" he laughed, his voice loud but soft to my ears.

Keep me? If I were shifted I think I'd be blushing, keep me! Noone wanted to keep me, I was orphaned when my mum died in childbirth. 12 years of my life and people are sure to keep reminding me of that.

He set me on the bed and I sat, staring up at his tall figure, letting out a hungry mew. I shifted and stared up at them, they smiled at me and the lady grabbed my hand. She led me from the room as I stared in wonder at them, I've seen tall herbivores and tall carnivores who guard the town, but never one so close nor holding my hand.

She sat me on the floor and placed a bowl in front of me, I glanced up at her in confusion, I've never eaten from the floor before. I don't want to ask to have a chair, they've been so nice to me, I can't be rude.

"Thank you" I mumbled, eating what I was given, they ate at a table with two children, teenagers by the look of them. After I finished the two ran out quickly.

"They grow up so quick" sighed the woman, she smiled at me and patted my head, giving me another piece of bacon.

"They're working now Maisy darling, soon enough they'll be in the city training to be knights or have a farm" laughed the father proudly.

"Thank you" I said again as I finished my bacon, the lady smiled and put me on her lap.

"At least we'll have a darling pet to keep us company" giggled the woman. I looked up at her and smiled. She kissed my nose and cuddled me close before getting up and leading me outside.