Dancer

"Dance!" He demanded loudly. I shook my head and stared up at him nervously.

"I said dance!!" He roared, his voice echoing from the stone walls, the room seemed to shake.

I stepped back, looking at his rugged face anxiously. I don't want to dance. Sure it may stop his anger, but the pain from the chain harshly rubbing my ankle was making we not want to put any pressure down.

"I cannot dance for you. I am sore!" I told him, wondering if he will attempt to kill me for my refusal.

"I didn't ask for excuses! Pathetic, Dance before I get rid of you" he warned. I shook my head, moving my sore foot and collapsing.

He roared his anger and I screamed as he grabbed my hair. Yanking the chain from the wall and dragging me as I shouted and screamed behind him.

"My liege, there is a message for you" called the butler. My head hit the ground as he dropped my hair.

The thundering steps moved away as I dragged my body towards the large doors.

The butler wasn't doing me any favours. He'd be happy to be rid of the entertainment toys.

I dragged myself to the doors, pushing and pushing, the door opening slightly and I pushed myself out, the door slamming as I yanked the chain out behind me.

I dragged myself along the ground, moving to the garden, moving through the grass and crashing over the edge of the rocky wall.

I cried out and landed on some soft grass. I whimpered and continued going.

I can't let any of the giants spot me. I continued until I couldn't anymore, the giant area larger then most.

I lay behind a tree, breathing heavily, my breath raspy and will fading.

I slept somehow, until I was jolted violently awake by my sore ankle being gripped by the chain as I was lifted upside down.

I cried out and stared in horror at the giant looking at me. I grabbed at thin air, shouting and wailing.

I was swung in the air and stopped moving, letting myself hang limply.

"Cool! A dancer! Did it die? Oh, yuck" they said, dropping me on the ground. They turned away and I crawled desperately away. Crying out as the chain was grabbed again.

"Oh, it's alive! Cool" they said, I dug desperately at the ground as they dragged me behind them. I bumped over the cobbled pathway and gasped, my nose bleeding and my body aching.

They dropped the chain as they stopped at the door and I rushed towards some trees.

"Oh, the dancer is running off. Come back toy!" They called. I dove into the gigantic trees, finding a hole and diving in.

I sat in the hole and took heavy breaths, holding the chain against me and listening to the steps.

They stomped around, looking under and around branches.

"Please, please don't look here" I whispered. They didn't seem to, sighing and stomping away, my heart fluttering as I curled into myself and cried pitifully.

I shook wearily in my hole in the tree. I could only scream as something appeared, a terrifyingly large bird. We call them Dep sparrows, massive birds that live at the bottom of the giga arrow leaf trees.

It scratched at the ground, lifting me with its beak and tossing me out, squawking at me unhappily.

It soon ignored me, I lay sprawled and defeated, where even a gentle species of bird leaves me weakened.