Death over capture

I felt around in the dark, keeping quiet. Finding my water, I took slow sips, calming my breathing. I can hear outside noises, a low growl can be heard, I hold my breath for a moment, I hold my wrist as it shakes a little. A heat fills the space, it's getting very hot, my head light and woozy. Starving, we'd rather die of starvation then face them, the monsters.

The heat making us increasingly sweaty, my head getting dizzy. Someone groaned, sounding like they were trying to stifle their noises.

The front of the hideout, in the crawl space we had crammed ourselves in was ripped off several screams filled the air as the sound of electricity approached us. We pushed and shoved each other as we dove out of the crawl space and ran, in multiple directions. I could hear several screeches and screams.

I dove into an even tighter space, pushing my body backwards until I was hidden inside it well.

I breathed heavily, looking at the entrance, the only source of light. Shadows moved past, something delicious smelling put down in front of my hiding spot.

They will not lure me out with food. I would rather die. I have no clue what it was like in life before these monsters came, I was only a toddler.

I remained quiet and waiting, as it became night time, rats and mice were eating the food, I could hear their squeals of delight, and a loud snap, desperate squealing noises can be heard as they fell victim to the trap.

I breathed calmly, morning soon coming, shadows appeared again. I could feel my hole move, the sounds of tools being used....

I remained still, seeing sharp blades cut into my hiding spot. I held my breath, feeling a blade nick my body, I didn't react, my mind blank. Light filled more of the tunnel and I gritted my teeth as my body was grabbed, dragging me out. That's when I attacked.

I hit and kicked, flailing desperately, biting and attacking, they tried to restrain my arm, but I continued struggling and fighting.

A loud snap was heard, but I continued fighting, even as my arm hung loosely by my side. One grabbed me from behind and forced fabric over my mouth, they tried to restrain my arm, growling and baring their sharp teeth at me.

I grabbed one of their guns, pointing it at myself, without hesitation, I pulled the trigger, collapsing to the ground, my blurring vision filled with their bodies moving towards me.

They will never get the chance to take me alive. Everything going black