Fox mistakes

I stretched out and relaxed, sitting on the porch of the house, glancing back curiously, it was quiet inside. It's been empty now for a few years, dust settling on the wooden banisters, the door broken and forever open, always letting in cold air and bugs. I stared out at the sun and rested my head on a crunchy and sun bleached cushion. My eyes examining over the horizon, looking for them, kind of curious, will they be around today?

I slowly stood and shook my head, it seems to not be so tonight. I'm not even sure who they are, or what I suppose. I remember people talking wildly, people telling people to just run. This small settlement quiet, I was told to wait by my sister, I had trusted her word, yet noone came back... It's been three years, I have long since stopped searching the valley, I have long since stopped trying to keep the place clean and repaired, the place abandoned, all except for me. This is home I suppose, the farm animals were taken, so I've been living off of bugs and the few birds I could catch.

I moved slightly back towards the door, hesitating, the sound of movement and crunching gravel catching my attention. In the setting sunlight, I watched as someone strolled through the abandoned and neglected place. They smelt funny, like they aren't human or anything like that.

My ears twitched, I growled softly and shifted, discarding my clothes and quietly running around the house. My mother is a human, yet I'm a fox shifter due to an old ancestor on my father's side, nobody else had gotten the genes.

I crept past the few scattered homes, all small, the ground dusty. I found some rope and held it in my mouth, quietly moving.

"Stinks of fox" scoffed the person. I jumped and shifted, tackling them, taking them by surprise, before tying up their hands behind their back and tying their ankles. I tied them to a porch, running off to my porch, I could feel them glaring into my back.

I dressed and shook out my hair, holding a broom and slowly approaching them.

"What's your business stranger?!" I growled, I could see him clearer now, wearing jeans and a brown shirt, heavy boots and a beanie. His glare was harsh, by his smell, he was a purebred. I can tell they're a WERE not sure what animal. The difference I know between a shifter is that shifters are their animal, WEREs are not, their animal is a different personality they can talk with and is their own animal. Shifters have ears and tails constantly, WEREs are either human, or animal.

"Release me stupid shifter!" He snapped, I growled slightly and looked around carefully, looking at the porch I had tied him onto. Shifters are naturally weaker than WEREs, but with human blood, I am able to be more human like in appearance, no fur around my arms, chest or legs. WEREs and demons are powerful, I know they tend to group together, sort of working in harmony, like vampires do with humans.

"Tell me your purpose!" I snapped, bristling and looking around carefully. I would have preferred if it were humans.

I examined him again, brown hair and blue eyes, the beginnings of a beard on his face. Stupid man, he needs to leave!

"My purpose when I get out of these ropes will be to rip your stupid head from your body!" He snapped, I stepped back slightly, this isn't how interrogations are supposed to work is it? I'm supposed to threaten him.

"Shut up and tell me!" I snapped, holding the broom threateningly, biting my lip and looking around, nervous and jumpy, I don't want more around, this is bad!

"I was seeing if there was anything to raid from an abandoned settlement" he growled, his features tensing. He looks very angry.

"Well you said you want to kill me, why should I let you go?!" I demanded, he writhed against the rope restraints, his anger making me slowly back away. I looked at my house and swallowed.