Episode 12

It's been a few days ever since you were signed by the Director to help Aunt Ma. Everything seems to go well. The both of you have been sharing memories of each other, as if you were families. Heck she even insisted you to open up to tell secrets, but you only tell those small embarassing ones. But this one particular questioned hit you,

Flashback

Aunt Ma: Dear...do you have anyone dear to you yet?

You stopped writing down your notes to look at her seriously, your face also turns red. What? This was a bit too sudden and personal.

Y/N: W-why do you ask, mother?

Aunt Ma: I'm just asking, besides, aren't you already finished with college and already achieved your dream job?

You nod slowly but you were still confused.

Aunt Ma: Then? Don't you have anyone you want to be with? Or you haven't thought about it yet?

Y/N: A-ah...That....

Your face is still red. Someone dear to you? You did have some silly crushes back in the academy but they don't matter now. You thought to yourself again.

Y/N: Well...the person is not really dear to me but...I always try to have his attention.

Aunt Ma: My...Didn't know you were the attention grabber...

Y/N: M-mother!

Your face got even redder and Aunt Ma could only giggle at you. You look away and try to calm yourself down. Aunt Ma then took your hand and asked you;

Aunt Ma: Then, tell me everything about this lad that you're trying to get his attention...

You gulped but deep down you felt excited because you actually waited for this moment. You smiled shyly.

Y/N: Well, first of all...

You let it all out. You told everything about your feelings. Aunt Ma could only nod, smile and sometimes giggle to your confession. But the moment you told her about your last meeting together, your mood changes a bit. Aunt Ma notices this and holds your hand tightly.

Aunt Ma: Don't be sad, dear. I'm sure you'll meet him again...

You were silent for a moment. Lips parting a little bit to tell another truth,

Y/N: But now he's not the same person anymore...that is from what I see when I meet him again in this hospital.

You took a breath and gulped. Hesitating to continue. You are literally bad mouthing him with another patient. You look at Aunt Ma and she nods to say it's okay continue.

Y/N: He...didn't valued his life. It was painful to see him in that condition when we met again.

Aunt Ma: I'm sorry to hear you go through that, dear.

Y/N: No need to, mother. Besides, he's now under my care so I at least can see what he's going through right now.

You stopped for a moment and continued again.

Y/N: Last time, he was really scared when it comes to certain projects that needs people's opinion. I remember him coming up to me with sweat all over his face and his pulse going crazy. As if he had trauma with the same scenario before...

Your mind went through a process. You sighed and finished the last part with;

Y/N: Maybe...a certain life obstacle after he graduated made him changed. We may never know unless he's the one opening up.