Chapter 2

Leo's POV

"I'm not afraid of a myth! I'm not afraid of a ghost!"

The heavy seat crock yelled as he looked around, smirking to myself I jumped from the tree. I watched as his eyes widened in fear and surprise, then his look turned angry as I pulled out one of my katanas out slowly causing my bandana tails to move in the wind.

"What are you?!"

The man screamed before he ran at me, wasting no time I ran at him.

That was two days ago, now I was standing on a tree branch wearing the hooded cape that I had made, watching over the village that I protected. With a sigh I pulled out my compass that Splinter had given me before I left out of my belt, popping open the dented cover I looked at the picture that I had placed in there.

I felt my heart break as I looked at the blue eyed girl staring back at me. It was a picture that I had snuck out of her room the day I had to leave her. I gently rubbed my finger across the picture, thinking of her gently touch, her laugh, the way her eyes glistened when she spoke about her passions.

Pressing my lips against her picture and silently made a promise to Isabelle that I was coming back home to her and to the rest of my family.

Elizabeth's POV

"There that's where I saw him."

The small boy said as he pointed at empty tree branch. I let my eyes lock on the spot thinking about how ridiculous this was that April insisted on the two of us staying another day.

"Thanks kid, you should probably get home now."

April said as she slipped off her sunglasses, walking forward slightly.

"Do you know the ghost?"

The young boy asked, April kept walking forward ignoring the boy. With a sigh I looked back down at the boy.

"He wasn't always a ghost."

I said as I followed after the red head in front of me. I groaned as I pulled out my machete just like April did. Both of us wore thick strapped tanks, hers was yellow mine was gray.

She had on hunter green shorts as where mine were black. With backpacks on and brown gloves we hacked down weeds until there was no longer a need to hack.

"What's on your mind?"

April asked as she slipped her machete back into the sleeve behind her backpack.

"We found the amulet. This is pointless."

I said as I slipped my machete into its sleeve that was on a belt wrapped around my waist.

"He could be here."

She said as we looked around. All through I was hopeful that we could find him I knew how impossible it was, all we knew he was somewhere in Central America.

"You honestly think he's the ghost of the jungle?"

I asked as I brushed some hair out of my face.

"I feel like deep down it's him."

She said as we continued to trudging along.

"I don't think we should give our hop..."

I started but was cut off when I started falling through the ground. I heard April call out my name and as I fell through the vines I tried grabbing ahold of them. In fear I closed my eyes, knowing what was coming next, until I hit a hard but, softer than the ground, force.

As I tried to set myself up and regain myself, I heard a voice I haven't heard in two years.

"It's awful long way from the city to just drop in."

When my eyes meet those ocean blue ones surrounded by royal blue cloth, I felt my heart fill with joy mixed with disbelief.

"Leo."