Chapter 8

Leo's POV

I laid in my bed which felt strange since I hadn't been in it for two years. I stared straight up at the ceiling my mind wondering back to the events that had taken place last night.

The fact that Isabelle had kicked me out had broken my heart and so did the tears that had rolled down her face. A soft knock on the door snapped me out of my dazed state causing me to sit up.

"Come in."

I said softly as the door opened to reveal Liz standing there, she had on jeans and a light green tee shirt. Her blonde hair was pulled into a sloppy bun on top of her head, her green eyes looked at me sadly.

"I guess things didn't go well."

She said as she my her way over to my bed, setting herself down beside me. I simply looked at her knowing that she already knew the answer.

"You were right."

I said causing her to raise a brow at me.

"About what?"

She asked with a slight look of confusion.

"Isabelle has changed." I

said as thought back to Isabelle's apartment. Her black hair was longer now, it went past her waist, a strip of white hair on the right side of her head. Her ears had new piercings, her skin seemed to be a paler color than normal, her eyes were now a darker shade of blue.

Although she looked different she was still the most beautiful girl I had ever laid my eyes on.

"We've all changed. Even you Leo."

She with a small smile on her lips. I couldn't help but look at her with just a straight face before I let out a sigh and leaned my head against the wall.

"I can't lose her Liz. Especially not to that creep she went on a date with."

I said the last part with venom in my voice, she chuckled a little bit at this causing me to give her a strange look.

"That was just a one time thing with him. Plus they work together now so I doubt that will go any further."

She explained as she pushed herself off the bed and walked towards my desk.

"Well he didn't seem to know that."

I mumbled to where she couldn't hear me, just thinking back to that scum bag touching Isabelle, kissing her, and looking as if he knew I was standing there and bragging.

"What's this?"

Liz asked breaking me from my thoughts. I looked over at her to see her holding my compass and my journal.

"Open them and find out."

I said with a slight grin, I watched her as she opened the compass first a smile spread across her face.

"You kept a picture of Isabelle in here the whole time?" 

She asked causing me to push myself off the bed and make my way over to her. Carefully I took the bent up metal object from her hand and looked at the at the picture inside.

"Looking at this is what kept me going everyday."

I said with a small smile before I closed the cap, Liz smiled before opening the journal. She carefully flipped through the pages with a surprised look on her face.

"You wrote about her every single day you were gone?" 

She sounded as if she was gonna cry. I simply nodded my head unable to actually say anything. She placed the journal back down on the table and shook her head before she placed her hand on my shoulder looking me dead in the eye.

"What?"

I asked as he face turned silent.

"You can sit in here and sulk or you can go out there and fight for her. It's your choice."

With that she disappeared out my bedroom door.