Chapter 7

Isabelle's POV

"Maximus, mommy's home."

I said as I walked through the door of my apartment, the events of the night still rolling in my mind. I couldn't believe Mathew had kissed me, and the fact that it was my first date in two years, I was completely exhausted.

I let out a sigh as I tossed my keys on the counter top, flipping on the light that lit up the kitchen. As I slipped my mittens off, then my pea coat, tossing them on a chair in the kitchen area, revealing my gray dress and black tights underneath. That when I noticed it was how quite it was, and the fact that I hadn't heard Max at all.

As I slid off my ankle high boots off, slowly made my way over to the side of the kitchen where I kept the knifes. Grabbing one of the silver handles I readied myself for whatever or whoever was in my house. 

Quietly I made my to the wall sliding myself against it until I reached the light switch to the living room. Once the dark room was lit up I noticed something odd by the living room window. Making my way over to investigate I gasped at what I saw, sitting there leaning up against the wall was two brown sleeves, connected to one brown strap, that contained two katanas with blue wrapped around the handles.

"This is impossible."

I mumbled as I clenched the knife tighter. Tears formed in my eyes when I heard the familiar deep voice behind me.

"Nothing's impossible."

I turned my head sharply to see none other than the blue clad turtle standing behind me. I was in such a shock that I dropped the knife in my hand making a loud thud on the floor.

Tears started running down my cheeks causing as I took in how different he look; he was about four inches taller than he was before he left, his muscles on his arms were huge, his skin was a darker green, but really caught my attention was all the new scars he had all over his body.

"Is it really you or am I dreaming?" I

asked as I tried to wipe some tears off my face. He wore a soft smile as he stepped closer to me.

"It's really me Love."

Now that there was only a few inches between us and I felt a new wave of emotion, catching him off guard I swung my fist at his face. Connecting  with his jaw he stumbled backwards with a look of disbelief as he steadied himself.

"You bastard! You think you can just walk in here and everything is going to go back to the way it was?!"

I yelled with tears steaming down my face. He stared at me intently almost as if he too was realizing how different I now looked. He stood himself back up straight.

"Isabelle I can explain jus-"

He wasn't able to finish however because I cut him off.

"You can explain?! You better have a damn good reason why you left without saying good bye! And for not coming back when you were supposed to! And for not writing and explaining why!"

I screamed at him and backed up to put some distance between us.

"I'm sorry."

Leonardo said trying to take a step forward, he reached out his hand trying to land on my cheek. Anger and hurt still consumed me, before his hand could touch me I smacked it hard and away from me. 

"Get out."

I said as I turned my back to him, tears still soaking my face.

"Isabelle please."

I could hear the pleading in his voice and a part of me just wanted to turn around and take him in my arms and hold him tight. After I had missed him so much so when I heard the window shut a few moments later I felt my heart shatter. I turned around in a panic to see no sign that he had even been there, in a rush I ran to the window see he had left it open.

Sticking my head out the window I looked around frantically for him but he was no where to be seen. Slamming the window shut, I let myself break down, sobs filling the room as I threw myself down on top of the couch.

The one person I wanted more than anything I had just kicked out. My mind was telling me that I had done the right thing, but heart was telling me I had made a huge mistake.