Chapter Thirty-Six: Green Eyes

DATEDEC  18TH, 2038TIME 8:05 AM

DATE
DEC  18TH, 2038
TIME
8:05 AM

For as long as Devon could remember, she has always woken up alone. Throughout her childhood, it's only been her and her lonely thoughts. Even when she moved back to Detroit after running away, she only had herself to rely on.

Even after rescuing Ellie, she couldn't completely get over that loneliness that clung to her heart. There was a time in her life where she was a happy child with a loving mother and a seemingly supportive father but that all soon came crumbling down around her and she was thrust into a world full of darkness, despair, heartbreak, and hatred.

But her dark world slowly started to get brighter after a certain brown-eyed android came into her life so unexpectedly. Without even trying, without even knowing, he slowly began to tear down her walls and fight away her demons. He made her sad heart begin to gain its color back and she started to see the world in a different light.

Now, she knew she wasn't alone, that she had someone else to rely on. Like today as she slowly stirs away due to something tickling her face. As Devon's green eyes slowly flutter open, she recognizes the tickle on her face is from that same brown-eyed android's lips that are peppering kisses all over her skin.

Connor stops once he sees she's finally opened her eyes and the smile he holds warms her cheeks and makes her heart flutter. "Good morning." He says, a hand coming up to brush a few strands of hair out of her face.

The blonde takes a few seconds to wake up and take in her surroundings.

The sun was peeking through the closed blinds and Connor was fully dressed in what looked like a navy blue tracksuit.

"Morning," She says softly with a smile, rubbing her eyes. "Are you going to meet Hank?" She peeks an eye at him and he nods. "Yes, I should be back home in an hour or so." The woman nods, glancing down at herself. She was still very much naked from the night before but is covered by the blankets.

Her mind is rushed with images of the events that happened between them and a dark blush rushes to her cheeks. She can't believe that actually happened. She and Connor had sex. They have seen each other naked.

Connor watches as Devon disappears under the covers and he furrows his brows in confusion. "Devon, what are you doing?" He turns his head to the side. "You saw me naked!" She sounds shocked and he can't help but chuckle. "Yes, I did. You have seen me naked as well. Are you feeling shy now?" A mess of blonde comes poking out of the blanket and soon a pair of green as are peeking at him over the edge of the cover. She nods silently and Connor sighs with a smile.

Connor leans forward, pressing a sweet kiss to her forehead. "You're cute." He tells her, speaking what was on his mind. "Stop flirting with me." She says, obviously flustered. Connor just rolls his eyes playfully as he sits up.