Chapter Ten: Rooftop Shootout

DATE NOV 8TH, 2038TIME PM 04:06:05

DATE
NOV 8TH, 2038
TIME
PM 04:06:05

The lights in the elevator continues climbing upwards, a pair of green eyes watching them. Connor stood in between Devon and Hank. Devon is to his right and Hank to his left. The woman would occasionally sneak glances at the android and he would sneak glances at her as well. The moment they shared together was not forgotten but they only hold knowing looks for one another. Devon wasn't sure what this meant for them or where it would go. The android admitted to being attracted to her and she was obviously attracted him. Hell, he even wanted to kiss her! Did this mean Connor was becoming deviant? Surly not. He even said that he self tests regularly to know he's not deviant. It is confusing.

Connor was flipping his coin around in the hand closes to Devon. Her eyes fall away from the numbers to the coin. Connor weaves it through his fingers expertly and then start spinning it on the tips of his fingers. She has been told it's a calibration exercise and she couldn't help but be impressed with the expertise. Hank was more so annoyed by the action, the constant switching it from hand to hand, the sound just getting on his already withering nerves.

The man was grumpy because he had to come to work when he spend most of his night drinking and staying up at late hours hating his life. Connor flips the coin to his left hand, catching it between his index and middle finger. Hank snatches it out of his hand.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Hank sticks the coin inside his pocket and Devon rolls her eyes at the grumpy man. "Sorry, Lieutenant." The elevator comes to a stop on the 79th floor, the doors sliding open. Hank walks out and Devon reaches inside of her pocket, pulling out a spare quarter she had.

She offers it to Connor who takes it, a smile on his face. "Thank you, Devon." His tone is soft and quiet, like he was making sure no one heard him. Devon sends him a wink before strutting out of the elevator, his brown eyes admiring her as she walks, noticing how her hips were swaying with confidence. She knew he'd be watching and he did his best to hide a smirk that was working it's away onto his lips. This...feeling...he feels is different. She makes something in him shift and he doesn't exactly understand what it is but he wasn't complaining. It's a nice feeling.

"Hi, Devon, Hank." Chris greets from over his shoulder, his eyes moving back down to the tablet that's in his hands. "Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank asks, looking around the loaded hallway they stood in. There were a lot of people here and not just DPD. "Ha, yeah. It's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in...even the FBI wants a piece of the action." Devon rolls her eyes at this and Hank gives her a knowing look.