Chapter Seventeen: A Cold

DATE
NOV 11TH, 2038
TIME
PM 04:56:25

A pounding headache is what shakes Devon awake. A groan of pain leaves her parted lips as she presses her palm to her forehead. The woman then sneezes, causing her chest to ache at the power of it. "Jesus..." She sighs, shutting her eyes tightly. It felt as if she was being stabbed in the head by a knife and it felt like her body was ten times heavier then she remembered it being. "What is wrong with me?" She mutters under her breath, trying to sit up in bed but that was a hard task to accomplish. "Dammit..." The blonde hisses when she fails to brings herself up off of her bed, her body feeling like led.

"Devon?" A soft voice is muffled though her bedroom door and there was a light knock on the other side. "Are you alright? I sensed some discomfort. Your heartbeat is irregular...may I come in?" Devon smiles slightly. "Come in." Her voice in soft and hazy. The android pushes her bedroom door open and peeks inside, those wonderful chocolate brown eyes falling onto her form. The light peeking through her blinds gives him enough light to be able to see the woman who lays in the queen size bed.

Connor steps further into the room, his eyes scanning over her, probably taking in her vitals. His brows furrow in concern and he kneels down by her beside where she is laying on her side, facing him. "You have a temperature," The android places his hand on her forehead, moving some stray hairs then trails it down to her cheek. "How are you feeling?" He asks, his eyes meeting her gaze. "Well, honestly, like I got hit by a train. My muscles ache, my head is killing me, and I'm freezing to death." The LED on his temple blinks yellow a few times. "You're showing symptoms for a cold." He informs her, the LED returning blue.

"Oh, of fucking course I got a cold." Devon sighs dramatically, scrunching her nose up in discomfort. Connor smiles at her grumpiness. She sounded a lot like Hank just then. He wondered if she cursed this much before she began working with the Lieutenant or if this was all his doing. "Where do you keep your medication?" The woman lifts a weak hand, motioning to her bathroom. "A cabinet in the bathroom." She sighs, her arm dropping back heavily onto the the light blue blanket she was snuggled under.

The android nods curtly before standing to his feet, padding his way over to her bathroom. He disappears from her view but she can hear him rummaging around a moment before he comes back into the bedroom. "I found some DayQuil that should help alleviate you're symptoms." Connor sets a orange box onto her bedside table. "I'll get you some water." Before she could even answer he was already out of the room. Devon glances at the box and huffs slightly. Why of all days she had to get sick? They were supposed to be fighting for android rights today but of course her human body is too fragile.

Connor steps back into the room, a glass of water in hand. He sets it down beside the box. "Would you like some help sitting up?" Devon's green eyes peer up at him. "Please?" She asks, weakly lifting her arms up, outstretched to the tall android. Connor wraps his hands around her wrists, gently hulling her body up and helping her lean her back against her head board. Connor takes a seat beside her on the edge of the bed and opens up the box, placing two pills into Devon's hands.

The blonde pops the pills in her mouth then takes the glass of water Connor offers her. The android watches as she gulps down the pills and mouthful of water, shutting her eyes briefly. "You should continue to drink water today to keep yourself hydrated." A small smile pulls at her lips, green eyes opening to glance at the android that faces her. "You know you don't have to take care of me." Connor nods slowly, his eyes falling down to the glass of water in her hands. "You're my partner." His eyes shift back to meet her gaze and he offers her a small smile. "I want to help you." His words cause Devon to smile, looking down at the cup in her hands as she runs her thumb over the side of it.