Chapter Twenty-Nine: Physical

DATE
DEC  14TH, 2038
TIME
PM 9:15:23

Clubbing. Loud music, tight fitted clothing, warm bodies, flirty dancing, alcoholic drinks...that's a scene Devon Cassidy has never fit into. When the woman first moved back to Detroit she was eighteen and she was working multiple jobs plus started at the police academy as soon as she turned nineteen. To say the woman didn't have free time on her hands would be a complete understatement. Now, Devon has been to a club or two before but it definitely wasn't her idea.

She was dragged to one when she was twenty-one alongside her asshole best friend and back then partner, Gavin Reed. The two were off work and Gavin really wanted to let loose by throwing back drinks and dancing with strangers. Devon was there to pretty much babysit the man, there to make sure he didn't do anything extremely stupid even for Gavin Reed.

He pretty much just ended up making out with some guy, getting completely shitfaced and crying about his non existent love life into her shoulder. Devon literally had to drag the man into his apartment and toss his drunk ass into bed.

Another time our favorite detective was dragged to a club was with her ex boyfriend. He was the type of guy that really enjoyed going to clubs and parties almost every weekend. He thrived off of the atmosphere and the clingy people that looked to him like he was some kind of god.

Devon was never really impressed but he would try to get her to loosen up, to just have fun and stop being so, "uptight". It just never felt...right, being there with him. Even when she really did try and have fun, she couldn't. Maybe it was because it wasn't her thing, or that she just doesn't like large crowds, but secretly in the back of her mind she always wondered if it was because she wasn't with the right person.

The woman just stuck to her paper books and case files to entertain herself. Sure, a lot of people would call her boring for this but if that's boring, then she's okay with that.

Devon lets out an exasperated sigh, her green eyes glancing over herself in the full length mirror. She was currently standing in her bathroom, trying desperately to be okay with what she's wearing but she's not sure if she is.

She is wearing a red faux leather skirt that stops mid thigh with dark pantyhose that's lead down to her black ankle boots

She is wearing a red faux leather skirt that stops mid thigh with dark pantyhose that's lead down to her black ankle boots. Tucked into her skirt is a black, long sleeve sweater with the ends of the sleeve rolled up neatly. Devon's long blonde hair is left hanging loosely around her shoulders, the strange slightly curled, creating a soft curtain of waves. Her makeup is soft with barley visible eyeshadow, mascara coating her long lashes, a hint of blush on her cheeks and a red matte lipstick to match the skirt.

As the woman looks herself over in the mirror, she finds herself not really hating the outfit. She actually quite liked it. So maybe she just didn't like what she was wearing it for. Going to a club to be bate for a highly dangerous person can do that to you. Devon closes her eyes, breathing in deeply then letting it go to desperately try and calm her nerves.