Scene 9

Bang!

Kate slammed her head against the shield protecting Skylar and Kieran. This broke them out of their moment of staring into each other's eyes. They both turned their head to the side to see Kate ramming herself against the force field again.

"Put the shield down," Kieran demanded as he pulled himself off from Skylar. "I need to get Kate to calm down."

"Are you crazy," Skylar said as she pulled herself up from the ground. "She'll kill us both," she stared at him in disbelief. Kate again rammed her head against the force field as she was trying to get to Skylar.

"She's not. It won't hold her back forever and you know that," Kieran growled out as he started removing his clothing.

"What do you think you are doing?" Skylar stared at his rock hard body once his shirt was off. She was not ashamed to look at a man's body, she was comfortable with nudity compared to the human women.

"Saving your life," he looked at her over his shoulder and instantly shifted into his white beast. Skylar stumbled back in shock as she assumed he was a Werewolf and not a Lycan.

"You're a..." Skylar didn't get to finish her statement as Kieran growled at her to put the shield down. Skylar quickly put down the shield and only let it surround her.

As soon as the shield went down, Kieran ran toward's Kate. Kieran tackled Kate to the floor and was quickly able to subdue her by biting into her shoulder. Kate passed out from the pressure Kieran's canines were putting on her. Kieran dragged Kate by the back of the neck like a puppy towards the temple.

Skylar stood watching, still in shock, at what she saw. She gripped the dress that Kate had given her, close to her chest. She didn't know what to do so she just stood there inside the protection of her force field. After ten minutes, Kieran walked back out of the temple, fully clothed.

"You can take it down now," Kieran said with a calm tone but his face still held anger.

"No. You're a Lycan," Skyler replied back.

"Don't you think you would be dead already if I wanted to kill you," Kieran's husky voice was no longer calm, he was beginning to get irritated. Skylar stood shut at that statement which caused Kieran to speak again.

"Get back inside before you injure yourself even more or you can stay out here and I'll let the rest of them get to you instead," Kieran growled out. Skylar took a couple of seconds to think about it before closing her eyes. Finally the force field dropped and when she opened her eyes, she rolled them.

"You know, you could be a lot nicer to me."

"You haven't earned anything for me to be nice," Kieran replied. "Looks like Kate is being nice enough for the both of us," he gestured to the dress in Skylar's arms.

"It's beautiful, isn't it." Skylar whispered as she passed her hands over the dress. Kieran heard her, but he didn't comment.

"Are you able to walk inside? It's not safe for you to be out here," Kieran's voice became softer and Skylar snapped her eyes to him at hearing his tone. Kieran really adored his sister and felt sad knowing no one outside the walls would ever get to see her talent.

"Yes, I can walk." Kieran nodded and turned to walk towards the temple's entrance. Skylar limped as she followed him inside.

Once they made it back into Kieran's room, he left quickly after. He came back a couple of minutes later with some food and water for Skylar. He didn't stay anything to her and was quickly on his way back out the door.

"Thank you, Kieran." This was the first time Skylar said his name and it made him stop in his tracks.

"You're welcome," Kieran replied before he moved again.