Scene 14

The next morning as soon as the sun came up, Kieran appeared in his room where Skylar had been sleeping since the day Kieran found her. 

"Time to go," Kieran shouted at a sleeping Skylar. Skylar groaned as she rubbed her eye with her palm.

"Do you need to be so loud?" she sat up on her elbows when Kieran didn't say anything. He was no longer in the bedroom. Skylar slowly removed herself from the bed and walked to the bath to start preparing to leave the Lycan territory. While in the bath, she heard a friendly voice call to her.

"Ky, I made a little something for you. I'll leave it on the bed. Hope you like it," Kate's angelic voice said and she swiftly made her exit from the room.

Minutes later, Kieran knocked on his bedroom door and came inside once Skylar confirmed she was ready to head out. Kieran opened the door and instantly his eyes fell on her and he froze for about three seconds before he shook away the feeling of being captivated by her beauty. Skylar wore a yellow floor length floral dress, it was short sleeved and off the shoulders with a A-line skirting. The outskirt was detachable to make it easier to remove the dress at the end of the day. Kieran cleared his throat and gave Skylar a hard glare before speaking. 

"Let's hurry, the courtyard is cleared, for now." 

"Can't I say goodbye to Kate and Lydia?" Skylar asked hopefully.

"No," Kieran simply said with no room for argument and was already out the door before Skylar could protest. She quickly followed him, her limp almost completely gone. Once they made it out the temple and towards the front gate, Skylar finally felt relieved as from a distance she saw Kate standing near the gate. Skylar still couldn't understand when and how Kate become such a big part of filling that hole in her heart that she never knew she had or she just never cared to notice it.

Skylar didn't notice when she began to sprint her way towards Kate. She enveloped Kate in a tight embrace.

"My brother could not stop me from saying goodbye to you," Kate softly said to Skylar.

"This isn't a goodbye, we will meet again," Skylar replied as she pulled away from the embrace to look at Kate's face.

"I really hope that is true," Kate said as she flicked her eyes over Skylar's shoulder to see Kieran staring at them with an expressionless look on his face. Skylar turned her head to look over her shoulder and her next words made Kate softly giggle.

"Don't worry about him, I have the gift of persuasion." 

"We must go already," Kieran's deep voice was laced with impatience. He walked up to Kate, grabbed the back of her head and placed a light kiss on her forehead. "Take care, little sister. I will be returning sooner than you believe." Kate nodded her head as she understood what he meant. She looked at Kieran and then wrapped her arms around his waist as she was going to miss him tremendously.

"I will be praying to the moon," Kate whispered against her brother's chest. Skylar watched their moment in awe and mad her wonder about her own sibling. Her brother along with her father were part of the group of men that were banished from the coven by the Witches and their Familiars. Skylar wondered if she would ever see them again, maybe once she became Queen she would locate them. Skylar no longer got along with her mother after the men were banished, she was still a child the day they left and Skylar needed her father in her life.

"Time to go," Kieran's husky voice broke her from her thoughts and Kate was no longer near them. Kate had walked a couple of feet away from the gate to watch their departure. Kieran took out the key to open the gate, but Skylar was not able to see what it looked like. She wondered why he was hiding it, her curiosity got the best of her and as she tried to peak, Kieran spoke.

"Don't," he warned. Skylar took a step back away as she heard the threat in his voice. 

"Sorry," she said softly. Skylar was not one for apologies, but this had to be serious for him to hide something as simple as a key. She finally heard a soft clicking sound and the gate slightly opened. Kieran pocketed the key back in a small pouch.

"Let's go," Kieran held the door open for Skylar to walk out first. As he was closing the gate he watched as about six Lycans appeared next to Kate in their beast form, including Ethan. They didn't seem to want to escape, they just watched Kieran as if knowing that what he was doing was important. Once Kieran closed the gate, the veil that protected the Lycan fortress had not allowed him to see inside any longer. Kieran looked at Skylar as she had her back turned to him, she was looking to see a few creatures hiding amongst the bushes and trees. 

"Shall I teleport us?" Skylar asked once she felt Kieran was near her. 

"Will you be okay?" Kieran asked since he didn't know if Skylar was fully healed. Skylar looked over at him with a smirk on her face.

"Is the big bad Lycan worried about me," she teased which caused Kieran to let out an annoyed growl. But before Kieran could say anything, Skylar threw herself at him while she chanted a spell. Her arms were wrapped around his waist as they teleported out of the Lycan territory. 

Once they landed in the woods near Skylar's small cottage, Kieran growled and shoved Skylar away from him. It was not a hard push as Kieran was not trying to hurt her, but what he didn't notice at the moment was that they were standing in a huge puddle of mud. Skylar had purposely landed them in that spot because she thought the grumpy Lycan needed to let loose and have some fun. 

Skylar slipped from the shove and Kieran's eyes widened while she reached out to hold onto his arms as to not fall. Skylar started laughing at the ridiculousness of this and realized her idea was probably not a good one. Kieran grabbed onto her before she could fall, her face landing against his abs. Kieran tried to straighten her as she continued giggling, but when he moved one of his feet, he felt he was about to slip. Kieran was able to hold his ground as he straightened Skylar against him. Skylar's giggled slowly died down as she looked up at him and he was staring back at her with an intense look in his eyes.

"I think we're alright now," his husky voice was low. "Let's just move this way." Skylar nodded, unable to form words. 

Skylar turned around slowly and her back was now against his front. Kieran held onto her and as they both took a slow step forward, neither knew who had slipped but they both fell. Skylar landed on her side on top of Kieran.

"What was that?" Skylar said through her giggles, blaming Kieran for the fall. 

"If you are done with your antics, I would like to get out of here," Kieran said with a grunt. He stood up as they were at the edge of the mud puddle and he grabbed Skylar by her upper arm, dragging her out while she kept giggling. He did not find anything amusing about falling in the mud, or so he led Skylar to believe. He grabbed his bag full of his clothing off of the ground and looked at her getting up. He couldn't deny she was still beautiful covered in mud and with that smile on her face from laughing.

"Fine, my home is this way. You're no fun," she muttered the last part to herself, but Kieran still heard, deciding not to respond to her. 

He followed as she led him to her cottage and once they were at her front door, she asked him to remove his boots so as to not track mud in the house. She removed her flats as she opened the door with as she said an incantation. Skylar's home did not have a key hole, she always protected her home with a spell from any unwanted visitors while she was out. She placed her flats inside by the door and Kieran did the same with his boots. 

"The bath is through there if you want to wash up," she pointed to a door. "It's smaller than the one at your place."

"I'll manage," he said without looking at her and then walked through the door.

Skylar was about to head into her room to remove her muddy dress when there was a knock on her door. The moment she opened the door, she was greeted by the sight of the redheaded male who had an adorable smile on his face.

"Hi, Sweetling," Abel said in his low sing'song'y voice.