VI

Heather's POV

It was Tuesday and I hadn't seen Nathan. I was beginning to worry. Maybe I was just his rebound chick. He told me he loved me though. This is so frustrating. All I think of, all I crave is him. I can't take it anymore. I haven't even been able to eat.

Every time I look at food nothing happens. I feel as though I need something to satisfy me, yet I don't have interest in any food I see. My stomach doesn't growl or anything. I should probably go to a doctor or something. This isn't normal. This is probably because I'm missing him and it's stressing me out!

I turned off my TV and brought my knees up to my face as I sat on the couch. I wrapped my arms around my legs and dug my head into my thighs. I screamed so loud that even the heavens were able to hear me. After a long and painful yell I wept.

Nathan's POV

It's been days since I've seen Heather and I feel so bad about it. She's probably gone mad. I know she hasn't eaten in days because of the transformation. If she doesn't drink human blood from the vein she'll die. I don't have the heart to tell her I've turned her and that if the council finds out she's turned -if she does-, off with our heads.

I built up my courage and went to her flat. I knocked, she opened the door, we looked at each other, and then she ran into me with a hug. "I was so worried" she said sobbing. I held her tightly afraid to tell her what her fate was.

We went inside and sat down on her couch. She wiped her tears and frowned at me. "Is there something wrong?" she asked with a slight tremble in her voice. I nodded my head still afraid to speak.

"You miss Julia don't you?" she asked. I thought about the question for a second. Julia hadn't popped into my head since the day I gave Heather vampire venom. I thought I'd break down or something, because I missed her. Surprisingly I didn't feel a thing. All I desired was Heather.

"No, I don't. I've missed you."

"Why were you gone for so long without a goodbye or anything? And what's wrong?"

"I did something wrong and I just couldn't face you because of it."

"What did you do?"

"Heather, I'm a...I'm a vampire and I've infected you with vampire venom. By the end of the week you'll complete your transformation. You've got to drink blood from the vein of a human after you've completely transformed or you'll die."

Heather busted out a loud laugh. "Stop joking around and tell me the truth" she said still laughing. I nodded and opened my mouth. I shot out my canine teeth. They extended from my gums and became sharper. My eyes became red and my irises were now black with a hint of silver.

This was what I looked like when I was going to feed on something. It wasn't the same for all vampires. Mine was the usual for vampires. Others could have different colored eyes. Our fangs are what remained the same for all.

Heather gasped and covered her mouth with one hand and covered one side of her neck in which the bite marks were with the other. She uncovered her mouth when my face went back to normal. "You-your a... Oh my gosh! How's this possible?" she asked. "How are you not scared?" I asked in response.

"I, I don't know. Maybe it's because of all the vampire stuff I watch, or maybe because I've always felt safe around you somehow." She dug her face into her hands and exclaimed "How is this possible?" I removed her hands from her face and held them on my lap.

"I'm so sorry for all of this and I'm sorry for turning you. I didn't mean to do it. It happened uncontrollably. I made you forget it-"

"You can compel people?" she asked cutting me off.

"Yeah, just like the vampires in that show you watch. Are you hearing anything else I'm saying? You're going to turn into a vampire."

"I heard you. I just can't; I can't believe it."

I lifted my hand and placed them on the sides of her face. I looked into her eyes. "Remember when I turned you" I said compelling her. Vampires can only compel humans. Her transformation isn't complete yet, so I can still compel her. I removed my hands from her face and waited for her response. Her jaw dropped.

"I-I remember" she said.

"Good. Now I think it's time for me to explain all of this."

"Please do."

I told her everything. I told her about the council, vampire rules, Julia and why she left me, soul mates, vampirism, and that we could end up dead. "So, you never meant to turn me. Something in you just made you do it, 'cause of the whole soul mate thing?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"So, when did you become a vampire?"

"Two centuries ago. I met Julia, fell in love, and then asked her to turn me."

"Wow. You really loved her didn't you?"

"Yeah. It's sad to say that I no longer feel anything for her ever since you and I had the intercourse."

"This whole soul mate thing is crazy."

"I know.... Have you decided what you want to do?"

"About what?"

"Do you....want to complete the transformation at the end of the week? You can't do it now, because your body is still changing. If you drink blood now, your body will reject it, nor would it taste good."

"Julia came to me Saturday night. She said that the council knows there is a newborn. Thing about it is, they don't know who it is. I don't think I'll follow through with this transformation."

"If you don't you'll die."

"And if I do we'll both die."

"I wouldn't let that happen."

"How's that possible?"

"I'll either fight them off and come up with a proposal, or we'll run away together."

"I don't understand. Why is it illegal to turn someone?"

"Because it's more work for the council. It can bring a lot of trouble about, being that newborns' hunger for blood can get out of hand, very out of hand."

"How'd you and Julia get away with it?"

"No vampire had a vision of it."

"So, you guys were just willing to take the risk?"

"Yup."

"I guess we should as well. We might get away with it."

"You're positive you want to become a vampire?"

"Well, I don't want to die and I want to be with you forever. Wow, I sound like a loony. This soul mate stuff is scary."

"I couldn't agree more. At least you're the one who's my soul mate. And once again, I'm so sorry for all of this."

"It's ok...I'll...live" she said with a giggle.

"Nice pun" I said sarcastically.

"Could you um, stay with me tonight?"

"I was actually going to request that you'd sleep over at my penthouse."

"People weren't joking when they said you were ridiculously rich."

He chuckled."So, how about it? If the council had envisioned a newborn, they'll collect any clues to try and trace your location."

"Then I guess I've got no choice do I?"

Heather's POV

We got into his penthouse. It was gigantic and very beautiful. I almost felt embarrassed of my small and bland flat. Nathan escorted me to his bedroom. I put on my pajamas and followed him onto the bed. We cuddled and fell fast asleep. I was scared of what tomorrow would bring. Even though I was, I knew as long as I was wrapped in his arms, no harm would come our way.