X

Nathan's POV

Everything that guy said is really bugging me. I don't want the vampire race to wither away and I definitely don't want to kill Heather. She's everything to me now. Without her, I've got nothing.

I don't want to keep her away from civilization, but it might be the only way to prevent her from wiping all vampires off the face of the earth. I'm sure there's some witch who could fix all of this. But then again, nature can make a comeback in a way that's ten times worse than what it's already got planned. I'm guessing there really isn't a solution to get out of this mess.

Heather's POV

The sun had just risen. We made it to my parents' house and sat in our cars waiting patiently for any signs of vampires lurking around the house. I was scared out of my mind. I'm not a religious person, but I prayed to God almost a thousand times requesting for my family's safety.

"You should stay in the car. I don't trust you around mortals."

"I think I can control myself" I replied.

"You blacked out when you were about to sink your teeth into the guy back at the club. Who knows if you'll black out when you see a mortal."

"I need to see them Nathan. I haven't spoken or seen them in weeks. All I've been doing is ignoring their calls. This may be my last time seeing them. So I beg of you, please let me do this."

"Alright. Ya know I can't leave you alone with them, right?"

"You know this means you'll have to meet them, right? And, that's a rather compromising position. My parents hate the guys I date, so they'll give you a hard time."

"I'll live."

"Halfway. You're not exactly mortal."

"Yet I have a beating heart."

"Good point. Can we go now?"

"You don't need extra time to collect yourself?"

"I don't know. I just want to get this over with."

Nathan and I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Hesitant, I knocked. Each knock was as powerful as the thumping my heart was doing. We heard no response.

I turned my head towards Nathan and he nodded his. I stepped back a bit and kicked in the door. "Hello!" I called out. They're cars were parked in the driveway. So, if I don't find them, it will be the end of me.

We walked in. Nathan closed the door behind us. "Hey, look at this" he said to me. I turned to him and saw a yellow note in his hand. It read "Let's make a trade. Give yourself and the vampire up to the council, and your parents will be able to keep their heads and continue living their normal lives."

My heart skipped a beat reading the note. Those damn bastards. They've probably killed my parents. "I'm gonna kill them" I said raising my fist as my blood started to boil. I felt a tear fall out from my eye.

Nathan crumbled up the note and threw it to the ground. He held me by my waist. I couldn't look up at him. I let my fist fall to my side as I attempted to stop myself from crying. He placed a finger under my chin and lifted my head so that our eyes met. "You're one of the most powerful vampires right now and you just want to cry? They should be scared of you; you have no need to worry" he said.

"They've got my parents" I replied in an unintentional whisper.

"Yeah, but we have you. Your parents are their only bait right now, so I'm sure they won't touch a single hair on their bodies. I'll do anything to make sure nothing happens to you or your family. I love you too much for that."

I smiled a bit. "I love you too" I replied. He tilted his head forward to kiss my lips. I tiptoed a bit so he would'nt have to make such an effort to reach my face. Our lips touched causing a rage of emotions to rush through my body. The kiss felt so good, so riveting. I wanted more, I needed more, and I knew it was because all my emotions were heightened.

"Can we just go back to the cabin and deal with this later?" I requested pulling away.

"Don't you wanna dea-" he stopped talking once he noticed I was blushing. I needed him badly. I couldn't hide how I felt. He chuckled. "Alright. I'll ask the the boys to hang around the city to keep an eye out for anything suspicious" he said with a smirk.

He did exactly that and then we drove back to the cabin. Unable to hold my urge back any longer, I dragged him into the cabin and threw him onto the bed we were sharing. I undressed him and myself within a flash. Without hesitation, I hopped onto him and we went crazy.