XII

Heather's POV

I watched as all of the council members and the vampires working for them dashed off. "Go follow them Max" Siva ordered. Max nodded and went after them. Tom and Jay set the currently dead bodies on fire and then took my parents into the cabin while Siva and Nathan approached me. I didn't move; I didn't breath.

"Are you ok?" Siva asked.

I didn't respond. "Heather, what's wrong?" Nathan asked.

"You should've let me kill her" I replied.

"We don't need all of this drama."

"You should've let me kill her!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Nathan grabbed me by the arms. I tried to get out from his grip. I would've been able to, but I didn't want him to let me go.

"Calm yourself. You're losing your self-control."

He pulled me into a hug. He held me tightly making his love spread throughout my body, soothing me. I squeezed my eyes closed and took in deep breaths. As I began to feel comfy with my head laying on his shoulder, the tension in me poured out.

I pushed myself off of him. Nathan and Siva stared at me confused. "Make them forget. Make my parents forget everything. After that, make them go far away from here, to another country" I ordered.

"Alright. Lets go inside now" said Siva.

"No. I'll stay out here."

"Yo-"

"I'll be fine. I just need to gather my thoughts" I replied cutting him off.

Siva nodded and walked away. I looked to the ground while holding one arm with my hand. "Everything's going to be alright" Nathan said. "I highly doubt it. It's all gotten worse. Nothing good will come out of this. You know my fate, our fate" I replied.

"Yeah, I do. It's going to be you and I together for centuries to come. We'll be more in love then anything and at our happiest."

"Ha. I'd love to see that happen. Can you just leave me be now?"

Nathan turned around slowly and headed towards the cabin. Watching his footsteps go off into the distance crushed me. I felt like I was giving up and forcing him to give up on me as well. I couldn't help but feel like my end was nearing.

I'm not an optimistic person. No matter how much I try, I stick to the lose/win paradigm. I can't see any hope out there for me. I'm a bomb waiting to explode all of my surroundings along with myself. And slowly and painfully, I'll burn to ashes with all the parts of my soul detached and diminished, with nothing but my memory left behind as the girl who was the fuel to her own fire.

I'll be hated, resented. The downward spiral has already begun. I'm a failure. There's nothing more to my story and there won't ever be.

*Next Day*

I dropped my parents off to the airport and made sure they got on their plane safely. I was able to avoid my need for blood by holding my breath. My parents still think I'm normal and can't recall what happened last night. It hurts not being able to tell them what I've become. It hurts more knowing that I may never see them again and they don't even know it.

Max hasn't returned and Jay hasn't envisioned anything. The boys have called Max's phone numerous times and haven't received a response. We're all worried. Tom says he can hold up. We're driving to the city to go and search for him.

Nathan's POV

I left Heather and Siva at the club Cocoa Loco. She's going to resign from her job. Tom and Jay are looking for Max. I've headed to my place to grab more blood bags. It's important that we have enough to keep us energized and as strong as we can be.