XIX

Tom's POV

We rushed into the car. Siva went full speed. "Did you manage to kill Barron by any chance, Phoebe?" I asked rather loudly. I was still pumped up from the adrenalin rush I got from kicking the arses of the vampires working for the council.

"Why would I do that?"

"Oh I don't know, because he's a rear end!"

"Believe me; I would if I could, but I can't. He runs the vampires of South Britain. Without him, they'd all be running around and disrupting the human race. He isn't actually a bad guy if you think about it. His duty is to enforce laws that protect the vampires and the humans. Him killing Heather was doing just that, until he changed his mind and decided to take her power. I'm not sure what would've happen if he did, but it wouldn't be pretty. No being should have alll that power unless they're in Heather's position.

Heather's POV

The boys, the witch, and I went to a hotel up in Nottingham. They've locked up all of the exits in the room so I wouldn't try escaping. They're all guarding them. All the blood I've consumed has left me satisfied, but the craving I have for it has increased greatly, and it's driving me crazy. Every time a person walks down our hallway, passed our door, I've got to hold my breath so I won't smell their blood.

I've drunk from six people. One more person, and I'm done for.

I haven't said a word to anyone since we took off from the council's headquarters. I'm too ashamed, and frankly, I just don't give a damn anymore. I don't know why I feel this way, but I know if a human is in my presence, and that I can easily get them in my grasps, I'll stop at nothing to feast on them.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense when I say I don't care, when I feel ashamed. I guess it'll make better sense if I say this.

I never expected any of this. I've never even imagined such things were possible. Now I'm a monster; and soon I'll become the ultimate monster. I've tried so hard to dodge that bullet, but everyday it gets closer and closer. Now, there's certainly noway of avoiding this all. I hate what I'm going to become, but I just feel like, like it's fine. Like, it was bound to happen, so I mine as well let it.

I'd never think or feel such a way about such a thing. I know myself, and this isn't me. Yes, I'm still me, but partially the vampire slayer. Every drop of blood from the vein has allowed the vampire slayer to consume me. Soon, nothing will be left of me when it's unleashed.

"Heather" the witch said snapping me out of my thoughts. She sat herself down beside me on the edge of the bed. "Are you feeling better?" I didn't feel the urge to drink from her because she put a protection spell over herself.

"I guess" I said, sounding bland.

"Good. Good." She smiled. "I know how you're feeling."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. I know everything about the vampire slayer inside of you and what it's doing to you. It's eating up who you are inside, and you can't do anything about it."

"Okay. So, you do know how I'm feeling."

"Told you" she said with a slight giggle. "My name's Phoebe by the way."

"Why are you here? Did the boys just hire you to protect me or something?"

"I'm hear to turn you back into a human."

"How could you possibly do that?" And so, she told me everything.

"Wow. Where have you been all his time?"