XXII Part 1

Background music to get you into the mood is to the right:) 1st song: Fall Out Boy- The Phoenix. 2nd: Mikky Ekko- Feels Like The End.

Nathan's POV

I thrashed my fist into the faces of the council's minions, knocking them to the ground. I was ripping their heads off and their hearts out, whichever was easier at each moment. I saw no one nor heard anyone. My only focus were the minions dashing towards me.

I was angry, but I wouldn't let that get in the way. You'd think I'd use my anger as strength, but that doesn't work well for me. Instead, it makes me reckless and out in the open. Trying to suppress the thought of having to walk out of Heather's life, I kept calm and tried to be as strategic as possible, dodging any blows headed my way.

Heather's POV

I expected for Phoebe and the other witch to get into some kind of magical cat fight, but instead they were both aiding their "teams" as Barron calls it.

I felt hands wrap around my waist. Already preoccupied with pummeling my fists into a vampire, I was too late to react to the one pulling me back. Next thing I knew, I was back in the cabin. Julia threw me onto one of the sofas and told me to sit tight. "Who the hell do you think you are?" I screamed at her. "And what in the world do you think you're doing?"

"Trying to protect you!"

"And when the hell did you decide to do that? You've been waiting for this day!"

"Ever heard of a change of heart, you twat!"

"I don't believe you!"

"I don't need you to! Just stay put!"

"Whatever" I said lifting myself up.

"For Nathan."

"Why should he matter? I'm trying to save the world."

"I'm trying to save his life. Without you, who knows what he'll do."

"Trust me when I say he'll be fine. But no matter what, I'll be out of his life, and then you can have him all to yourself. That is, if I don't kill you first."

"You couldn't even if you tried."

"Want to prove me right?" I asked getting ready to strike at her.

She laughed evilly. "You mean wrong. But yeah, I'm up for it." And with that, the fighting commenced.

She pinned me down to the floor, choking me. I gripped her high ponytail back using all the strength I could. Almost ripping her head off, she quickly got herself off of me. I hurried and got up from the floor and through my fists at her. Once I found an open spot at her lower stomach, I punched it forcefully. She held onto her stomach, tripping on her own two feet. And I'm supposedly the twat.

Without much thought, I poked out my elbow and prepared to slam it into her. "Bravo! Bravo!" Julia and I turned to the familiar voice in the room in unison. It was Barron. Why does this not surprise me?

"All of this for a scrawny looking boy. He must really have something going for himself. I'm not sure of what that could possibly be! Please enlighten me, my not so fair maidens."

"He isn't scrawny looking" Julia shot back.

"Out of everything I said, that's all that matters to you?"

"What he's got going for himself is the fact that he isn't you or anything close to you" I replied. I felt my body heating up and my muscles tensing in need of smashing his face in.

"He's a vampire, isn't he?"

"Barron, if you know what's best for you, you'd leave."

"If you know what's best for you, you should either start running away from here, or giving yourself up to the council."