Battered & Bruised

A/N - This story was suggested by @1034412FD . I hope you enjoy the one-shot! THERE ARE NO SHIPS IN THIS ONE-SHOT! 

Trigger Warning-bad injury 

HENRY'S POV

I just finished school and I go to work in a very good mood.

"-yeah, he's rumored to be the worst." I heard Charlotte say to Ray and Schwoz when I get out of the elevator.

"Hey everyone!" I greet. I dance my way to the monitor in such a good mood.

"Why are you so happy today?" Charlotte asks me.

"Oh nothing, except I got ALL A+'s on my report card!" I say and dance in place.

"Congratchualatshons Henry!" Schwoz says.

"Um, not meaning to impose but it's 'congratulations'." Charlotte says.

"Yeah I know it's congratchushalalations." Schwoz tries again.

"No!"

"Congratshval-" Ray cuts him off by putting his hand over Schwoz's mouth.

He lifts his hand. "-shvalations-" Ray puts his hand back over his mouth as I talk.

"So, what were you talking about?" I ask.

"Hmph, wha-what do you mean?" Ray asks nervously.

"That guy, the dangerous criminal that escaped jail. Drex, was it?" Charlotte asks.

"Um, yeah speaking of that I should get going." Ray says.

"Oh, okay, i'll blow a bubble." I say.

"No, it's too dangerous." He says.

"How do you know?" I ask intrigued.

"Um....." He stalls.

"Ray! Can't you just tell the boy that Drex used to be your sidekick?!" Schwoz says and I silently gasp.

"He-He used to be your sidekick?" I say lightly.

"Yeah but not anymore, you're my sidekick and I couldn't ask for a better one."

"But if he wasn't bad would he still be your sidekick?" I ask.

"Well-"

"I KNEW IT!"

"Kid-"

"Please just let me come and-"

"NO!" He snaps.

The whole room goes silent but they sure can feel the tension.

"...wow..." Henry shakes his head in disbelief and sadness.

"I'm sorry but I have to go...i'm sorry kid..." He says and slowly walks to the tubes.

"up the tube..." he sighs.

 I watch as Ray leaves in uniform. Why wouldn't he tell me Drex used to be his sidekick?!

I sit down at the u-shaped table and bury my face in my hands. 

"Hen, i-it's okay. I bet he didn't tell you because he didn't want you to be this upset over a sidekick gone bad." Charlotte tries to persuade.

"I-I know, b-but he could've told me sooner. I always thought I was his first sidekick." I say.

"I understand Henry, but-"

"I don't care anymore, I just need to help him. If it really is that dangerous I NEED to help." I say and stand up and look in my pockets for my gumballs.