SOUR

Italics mean SONG LYRICS✨

Henry's POV

It's been...lonely in Dystopia lately. I kind of wish I'd have stayed in Swellview. Because Charlotte and Jasper are on vacation from being superhero's- courtesy of me- I have to look over Dystopia by myself... Let's see how long I can last.

I was thinking of activities I could do because I had no emergency calls. I love music! Maybe I could write something.

I turned Swellview news on my phone. I'm sorry! Habits. I saw that Captain Man and the Danger Force just took down Jeff.

I laughed.

That's what me and Ray used to do.

I gasped. 

That's what ME and Ray  used to do. NOT Danger Force. Definitely not Danger Force.

Ray cracked jokes as Captain Man on the news. Mika as ShoutOut comes from behind to talk to the news reporters.

"So how did you take down the local idiot, Jeff Bilsky?"

"Well we blew our gum, and fought that scum. We made him scared, as he said "it isn't fair",  but we didn't care. We tied him up, threw him outside, so he had no place to hide. We called the police to put him in prison, but he went missin'. We found him in a dumpster, and we said "get out sir!" He listened to what we said, and to the police was where he was lead. You reporters came in your cars, and now here we are." Mika rhymed. I couldn't rhyme like that.

I'm so tired that i might, quit my job, start a new life, and they'd all be so disappointed, cause who am i if not exploited

i'm so sick of 17, i'm OVER this "teenage dream"

if someone tells me one more time, 'enjoy your youth' i'm gonna cry

and i don't stick up for myself, i'm anxious and nothing can help

and i wish i'd done this before, and i wish people liked me more 

"Nice job, ShoutOut! You guys did it!" The reporter congratulated.

I never got a 'good job' from anyone when being Kid Danger. Captain Man got all the credit all the time. Except for when Evelyn Hall was mad at Captain Man for not texting back.

Words kept repeating in my head.

ALL I DID WAS TRY MY BEST

THIS THE KINDA THANKS I GET

UNRELENTLESSLY  UPSET

THEY SAY THESE ARE THE GOLDEN YEARS

BUT I WISH I COULD DISAPPEAR

EGO CRUSH IS SO SEVERE...

"GOD! IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE!" I shout. 

I kept watching.

"Well, Captain Man, I guess you've got the best sidekicks possible for this."

"Thanks. They really are amazing kids, but not the same as Kid Danger."

"Kid- who?"

you betrayed me

cause i know that you'll never feel sorry

for the way i hurt, yeah

you talked to her

when we were together