Welcome to the Jungle

A game for those who seek to find, A way to leave their world behind....

2014 (Henry's 13 years)
Henry's POV

It was a normal day with Ray, Charlotte, Jasper, and Piper. We decided to all hang out together at the beach.

We ran across the sand, and stood in the ocean feeling the water against our ankles.

"Ahh, how nice is it today?" I say soaking in the feeling of the beach on a nice day.

"Really nice," Everyone says.

Piper lays on the sand, spread her hair, got out her selfie stick, and took a picture.

"Dramatic." I say.

Piper then gasped and squealed.

"What is it now?" Jasper asks.

"J-Jessica...she-she followed me! YES!"

We all groan but Piper.

~time skip~

It was time to leave. We walk to leave but I trip on something in the sand.

"Hen, are you okay?" Ray asks.

"Ye-yeah, but there is something there." I flicked off the sand, and we read the title.

"Ju-MAN-Ji." Ray reads aloud. "Ha, yeah right, no one can out-man the man of Swellview."

"Not very subtle, Ray." I say. 

"And also I think it's pronounced Jumanji." Charlotte corrects.

"Whatever, let's just go. Come on, Henry!" Ray says.

"I-I'll meet you there." 

I walk home and put the weird object on my dresser and head to work.

~AFTER WORK~

I get home and lay on my bed in exhaustion.

I look over to the wooden box labeled, Jumanji. I walk to it and open it.

A board game.

I laugh. "Who plays board games, anymore?"

I put it down I walk to my bed to go to sleep.

I hear something and turn to see something of a glimmer on the box. My gut instinct was to open it again. It was a game chip. I brought it to my game station in the rec room.

I push in the chip and pick up my controller. 

The game loads in and words are placed on the screen.

"A game for those who seek to find, a way to leave their world behind." I say reading the screen. "Jumanji."

I look for a character

"Jefferson 'Seaplane' McDonough." I read aloud. "Why not?"

I press it with my controller.

Then suddenly, I hear drums. But they were not coming from the game. I look around to see where it is coming from when my controller dropped. I look to my hands.

They were...dissolving? I was terrified.

"No no no no no no no! Please no-" 

Suddenly I fell from the sky and dropped in a jungle.

"Oh god- what happened. My voice! My-my clothes! Where the hell am I?!"

Ray's POV