On Thin Ice

Henry's POV

I was at home with Charlotte, Jasper and, Piper decorating our Christmas tree.

"Ho ho the mistletoe is hung where you can see." Piper sings while reaching up to put an ornament on the tree on a step stool. We have to face it. We have more ornaments than branches on my tree.

"Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me." Jasper also sings, adding on to Piper's singing having just grabbed an ornament to put on the tree.

"Have a holly, jolly Christmas, and in case you didn't hear." Charlotte sings.

"Oh by golly," I sing.

"Have a holly, jolly Christmas, this year!" Everyone sings together.

"Ho ho, the mistletoe, is hung where you can see." I sing so we don't hear the door open.

"Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me." We all sing. 

"Hey guys!" Our eyes go straight to Ray who slams the door.

"Dude!" I say agitated.

"Bro!" He replies.

"Hey!" Jasper interrupts. "Hen! That's our thing!"

"It's okay, Jasper!" I look to Jasper then back to Ray. "What do you want, dude?"

"I just wanna visit my bro!" He replies and I hear Jasper scoff and I see him roll his eyes from the corner of mine.

"You want to see my mom?"

"I wanna see your mom." He and I overlap each other.

My mom, Kris Hart, walks out into the living room. "Hey kids! Oh and Henry's very kind boss!"

"Hah, I'm very kind." Ray says to us and me, Charlotte, and Jasper roll our eyes in disagreement.

"So, anyways I have to go to the airport in Bordertown to pick up your dad, and then we are having a date night." 

"Okay, see you later!" I say.

"Yeah, have fun!" Piper says, mom leaves and we say "bye".

My mom walks out the door. "Well...I have no purpose here now." Ray says and heads to the door.

"Hey, hey, hey." I grab his arm. "Can't you finish Christmas decorating with us?"

"Why should I?" He says with his defensive face and rips his arm out of my hand.

"Just...please?"

We stand in silence for around a minute and I give him my puppy eyes. Ray tries to avoid looking at them but he can't.

"Okay! Okay! But stop trying to guilt trip me!"

"Can't make any promises."

He walks to the Christmas tree we are decorating on and around. I pick up a garland and swing it over his head.

"Here, use this!" I say and he stares into the distance with a blank face. "Oh come on! You're no fun!"

"O-Or! We can use this!" I pick up a box and grab the contents inside, which are small, but long, shiny, pieces of silver. I throw some atop his head and clap.

"Whooo! We're starting a party up in here!" Ray still stands there emotionless.

"If you keep this up, I'm grabbing the lights." He doesn't respond, but he rolls his eyes. Wow. Lotta eye rolling.

I reach deep into the box and grab Christmas lights and wrap him from his shoes to the top of his head.

"Hey Ray! Guess what's next!?......THE STAR!" I grab the shiny golden star from the box, then I put it on his head. "Look who's a Christmas tree."