Ch. 48 - lounge

A/N: yes, there is an excessive amount of POV changes in this chapter. No I will not apologize, because for once I think it actually works really well.
Have fun reading!

Shinso POV

     I stand there in shock, staring at Aizawa's blank face. It actually works! But then my own face falls a little. I wish Midoriya were here to see this. He would be so proud, and give me that big smile that everyone loves as he congratulated me.

     "Raise one arm in the air." He does it, immediately.

     I release him from my hold and he looks at me in slight surprise.

     "Good job, kid." I can't help the smile that creeps into my face. I can show it to him when he gets back, and if I can practice before then I'll look really cool when I do it. This mask is the first step to me catching up to my classmates.

     "Unfortunately I still have to help teach all these brats, so just work on imitating one of your classmates voices for now." He said it with a scowl on his face but you could hear the joking tone and appreciation in his voice.

     He really cares a lot about helping us all become great heroes, even if he doesn't like to show it.

     "Thank you, sensei."

———

Izuku POV

     I woke up with a start, and the first thing I noticed was that my arm was throbbing. I was sitting up properly again, and my face was stiff from dried blood.

     "Ah, have you woken up from your beauty sleep and finished with your little pity party?" I feel dread before anything else, hearing Shigaraki's voice followed by laughter from Monoma. "That's fine, don't talk. You have untill the end of the week to make your decision. If I were you I would hand the quirk over. No player deaths, your hand is fixed, we leave you alone, you become a hero. But the choice is yours."

     I watch his back as he retreats, Monoma pulls a face and Toga waves before they turn around, following him. The misty man opens a portal next to him and the group walks through. Dabi looks back to glare at me before walking through himself. Only the purple man is left.

     "Oh, I would recommend against calling for help. The boss has a camera set up, and if you're too loud... well let's just say it's not a good idea." With that he disappears into his own portal and it closes behind him.

     When they were all gone I let out a huff of relief, slumping down into the chair. My arm was still throbbing, and I realized it was because I had landed on it when the chair tipped over.

     Giving them my quirk was starting to seem like a good idea. My arm might have been the worst at the moment but the rest of my body was also still sore from the electrical shock that the band gives me. I don't even know if it's electricity, I think if it was I would be dead by now. I shiver involuntarily when I think of the remote he was holding. Did he have that last time they took me?

     I don't think I can go through what happened last time. If it happened again I think I would go crazy. I feel like such a coward. A hero should never give up right? They should keep smiling and do whatever it takes to save everyone, right? But wouldn't I save more people if I gave up the quirk? A quirkless person could never be a hero though. Shigaraki is wrong. The only person I would save was Shinso, and then the league would be powerful enough to take over the world. But is Shinso and I's death worth saving the world? I couldn't willingly sacrifice Shinso for anything. How do I even know they would keep their promise when I gave them my quirk?