Ch. 60 - Bunny

A/N: in this chapter I drew inspiration from one of the suggestions I got a while back when I asked you guys what you wanted to see in this fic. I know it's not much but I hope it lives up to your expectations!
Have fun reading!

Izuku POV

     Mei had been working on the band for about fifteen minutes now, following Power Loader's every command. They had managed to get a small panel off of it and she was currently fishing around for some chip or something, using her quirk to visually navigate the tiny network of wires and whatever else was in there. I was trying my best not to look at it, feeling like a little kid getting a shot at the doctors office. Hizashi was holding my hand at first, like a parent would, giving me reassurances and trying to distract me. It hadn't worked for long though, and I was still freaking out so he switched out with Shinso.

     His touch was different. He rubbed his thumb gently over the back of my hand, gliding softly over each of my scarred knuckles while his other hand rested firmly on my knee, silently telling me he wouldn't let any harm come to me. I allowed myself to admire his hands, from the tips of his short, well manicured nails to the warmth of his palms that had held me close, rubbed my back, and cupped my face. His were devoid of any scars, and his fingers weren't ever-so-slightly crooked, like some of mine were. They never seemed to shake with nerves, though maybe I had just never noticed it, and they were always able to bring me comfort.

     I tore my gaze away from them when I realized how long I had been staring, and I could only hope I hadn't looked stupid gazing fondly at his hands.

     Whenever I found my eyes drifting towards Mei and the band, he'd give my knee a soft squeeze and my gaze would immediately focus back on him. It was as if he knew the affect he had on me, the way he makes me feel safe and calm even as he gives my stomach butterflies. What if... he knew I had a crush on him? What if he was just messing with me? No, Shinso wouldn't do that.

      The thought made me strangely giddy though, and my traitorous brain conjured up images of Shinso flirting with me and teasing me for my reactions. Afterwards he would tell me he loved watching my cute reactions and-

     The doors to the room opened slowly, the creaking noise startling me out of my daydream. I jerked my arm away from Mei in reflex, and she let out a yelp of surprise as a spark flew at her.

     Koda stepped through the door, bunny cradled in one arm as he looked around tentatively. His eyes widened, probably at the sight of three of his teachers surrounding two of his classmates holding hands while a support course student waived tools in the air and yelled about not moving.

     "H-hello senseis, Midoriya, Shinso. It's good to see you, Midoriya." He mumbled, perplexed look still on his face as he brought his free hand up to better support his bunny.

     "Hi Koda." I smiled, wanting to give him a wave, but deciding against it. I wasn't about to remove my hand from Shinso's and I definitely wasn't going to risk setting off the band by moving it around once again while it had pieces missing.

     "Heya, Koda! What brings you here so late?" Hizashi greets him. 

     "O-oh, I was supposed to meet a support course s-student here to pick up a piece of gear." He responds, looking to his bunny as a distraction.

     "Oh you're here! Give us a minute and we'll be done!" One of the students in the back calls when they notice Koda.

     He bows his head at them and turns back to us.

     "Is everything alright? I mean, i-it looks like something important is happening." He asks, looking worriedly between the six of us.

     "It's nothing to worry about, Koda. We were just removing the band on Midoriya's wrist." Aizawa reassures.