2.

smut warning!!
this chapter is kind of long but it's worth it i promise.

"wake up." kie says.

my eyes try to force their way open, the bright sun pushing its way into my eyes.

i lean up, looking at the clock next to me.

4:36pm

"4:00?!" i shout.

"yeah we uh- we stayed up way too late last night. anyways that movie thing is tonight, you still coming?" she asks.

every year there was a movie in the park hosted to welcome everyone, kooks and pogues. it was always a hit or miss. either it's really fun because you enjoy yourself or it's the worst time ever because the kooks won't stop fucking with you. no in between.

"uh yea i guess." i say, attempting to stand up, "where is everybody?" i ask.

"sarah went home to get new clothes, pope had to go home and explain to his dad why he didn't come home last night and jj and john b are out on the boat, taking a swim. they said they'll be back soon." she replies.

kooks and pogues fought over their parts of the island so meeting up in the middle was never peaceful. last year, topper poured a slushy all over pope that took two showers to get out of his hair. the year before,  jj's dad got in a fight with kiara's dad. it was messy.

the boys start to walk back in, salt and fishy smells coming from their clothes. their soaking wet clothes dripping.

"okay uhm, ew. go shower. both of you." kiara says.

they laugh.

"oh cmon! you don't want a whiff of this?!" jj asks, shoving his armpit towards me a kiara.

"ewww jj nooo." i say.

john b laughs, "come on jj." he says.

———————————————————————————

we had arrived. pope had met up with us before and sarah met us there. we were having a good time so far. no dirty looks from any kooks, no nasty comments from old crusty rich people, no popular people from school. everything was good.

"hey i'm gonna go get a drink, anyone want anything else?" i ask.

the group shakes their head no, except for kie.

"uh just a pepsi." she says, smiling.

i walk up to one of the food trucks, a 5 dollar bill in my hand.

"hi can i get two pepsi's please?" i ask with a smile.

"of course." the guy says, grabbing the money and walking to the other side of the small truck.

while i'm waiting, the one person i hate most starts to walk over.

"hey y/n" he says with a petty smirk on his face.

"hi." i say.

"how are you?" he asks, the smirk still there.

"i'm fine." i reply.

"good, good," he starts, "you look hot today." he says.

i roll my eyes. there's something about his button up shirts and slide on vans that makes me rage.

"what? you cant take a complement?" he asks, "jeez okay."

"what the hell do you want rafe?" i ask.

"just a friendly neighborhood chat." he says, smiling.

i roll my eyes again, grabbing the pepsi's and walking away.