29.

lmao i just binged obx again and realized that john b's house is the chateau so please forgive me! i'll refer to it as that from now on!! also ignore the text times:)

i walk up to deach's point, feeling little raindrops touch my skin. of course it has to rain right now.

as i look around, i see everything i did before. nothing has changed. i sigh, all the pain and urge to cry coming up my body. i can still feel his hands on my body, and his lips on mine, and even the way he used to wrap his arms around me when he cuddled me. my hand moves up my arm, trying to erase all those feelings.

wheezie was right, and so was sarah. i loved him, and i still do. a tear drops from my eye. i cant hold on to his touch forever, but right now, all i need is to cry. one tear after another, the little rain drops become heavier and heavier. i always hated rain, it always comes at the worst times.

i turn around, in hopes to leave but, there he is, drenched in rain.

"y/n?" he starts.

"rafe.." i say, sniffling.

he smiles.

"y/n, i am- so so sorry. i shouldn't have-"

"rafe-"

"with topper- and- and that girl-"

"rafe-"

"i'm just so so sorry-"

"rafe- it's okay!" i shout.

"it- is..?" he asks.

"yeah.." i smile at him.

he starts to blush.

i start to walk up to him, he does the same.

i stand there, him mirroring my actions. his hand approaches mine, knotting our fingers together.

"i cant stay away from you, y/n." he says.

i can feel myself blush. neither can i.

our faces move closer and closer together. i cant stop myself. he presses his lips against mine. i melt into the kiss, his other hand wraps around my waist, pulling me in closer. i cup my hand on his cheek, pulling my other hand away from rafe's to swing my arm around his neck. his tongue slips into my mouth. this is perfect, the rain pouring down on us.

i pull away for a brief moment.

"you make me feel like a fool." i say.

oh god, his pretty blue eyes staring back at me. he smiles and shoves his lips back to mine. both of his arms are now wrapped around my waist, holding on tight. i giggle from happiness. i really cant stay away from him.

———————————————————————————
(same night)

i lay on rafe's bare chest, facing the ceiling. i twist and turn his rings, playing around with his hand. his other hand is tangled in my hair. i giggle.

"okay, favorite.." i start, ".. animal?"

he quietly giggles.

"snakes." he says.

"snakes? why snakes?" i ask, judgmentally, looking up at him.

he stays quiet for a second.

"i don't know.." he starts, "they're misunderstood."

i hum in response, looking back at the ceiling.

"everyone thinks they're these awful creatures, because they- they kill mice or whatever, but they're so pretty. they have little personalities of their own." he says.