27.

hi guys! i was grounded which is why it took so long for this chapter to come out but i'm already working on the next chapter so plz forgive me!!!! also this chapter is really thrown together so it lowkey sucks..

"so that's why he was so upset?" topper asks, a suprised look on his face.

"yeah.. i guess cheating isn't as cool as it seems." i reply.

"or being a pogue isn't as cool as it seems.." topper starts.

i look away, tears starting to fill my eyes.

"yeah.." i start, "sometimes i wish i was never friends with the pogues. i wish you never dumped me for sarah, we could be happy. i could have the life i wanted."

i look back at topper.

"maybe we could." he says.

"what?"

"think about it. come back to us. stop hanging around those pogues. me and you could have the life we were supposed to have." he says.

a tear drops from my eye.

"y/n i just care about you. i want to make sure you're good and safe. those pogues, you see- they're- they're low lives. you cant trust the-"

"topper, stop." i interrupt him.

"look- i'm just trying to look out for you. rafe is- questionable, but if he keeps you away from trash, i want you to be happy."

my face turns to sorrow.

"hey- there's a kook party tomorrow night. you should come with me." topper says.

"i don't know, top." i say.

"come with me, or- or rafe for that matter. just relax, let's have a good time."

i look away from him.

"okay." i agree.

"okay!"

———————————————————————————
RAFES POV

i take a shot, kelce mirroring my actions.

"alright, put that on cameron. ward cameron." i say.

it's silent. nothing to talk about ig.

"you know, my dad thinks i like a pogue?" i say, starting a conversation.

of course, my dad didn't know about me and y/n, he should never, but i want to hear someone else's thoughts on the situation.

"no way. who?" kelce asks.

"you know my sister's little pogue friend, y/n?" i say.

"y/n? oh shit." he laughs. "i actually felt bad about her mom. she was awesome, i could only imagine how y/n felt."

"me too, but that doesn't mean i like her."

"how about this.. how do you feel when she's around?" he asks.

god it feels like time stops. butterflies not only fill my stomach, but they clash into eachother. she walks into a room, and there's always a spotlight on her.

"that's the thing, she's never around.." i start, "i mean, overall, she's just okay. she's not that pretty and i never really knew her."

my face starts to turn red, i can feel it. i feel sick saying those words. y/n is beautiful and she's much more than "just okay."

kelce looks at me with a "you look stupid" type of look.

"mhm." he hums.