4...

Cynthia always sat alone at lunch, she didn't mind being by herself though. She'd been attending Cleer Rogue High for 2 years, yet had not made one friend.

She wanted at least a friend to talk to but everyone practically ignored her. Having someone to love her would be nice.

As she chewed on her school lunch, she felt a dip on the table. Looking up, it was no one other than Theodore Sokolov, the talk of the school.

All Cynthia knew was that he was Russian, tall, and filthy rich!

He was in her physics class and had become quite popular in a matter of seconds. There was no denying he was handsome.

'What was he doing sitting at my table' she thought to herself. He scanned her, making her squirm inside. What a strange, good-looking guy...

"What's your name" His voice was deep and masculine..He had a slight accent but you'd have to listen closely in order to detect it.

She froze and stared for a while, cottonmouth.

"C-Cynthia" she mustered up the courage to speak, there was something about him she couldn't point out. Theodore was intimidating, his looks and status added onto that.

"Cynthia, nice to meet you, I'm Theodore but you probably already know" He states smirking. Cynthia nodded and looked down at her lap, not wanting to engage in any more conservation with this boy.

She was getting too nervous that her hands began to tremble underneath the table.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush or anything, I wanna be friends, you seem...Cool and I wanna get to know you better.." He scoots closer.

"Here's my number, let's talk more later" He slides a small sheet of paper to her.

Cynthia had zoned out, she didn't even notice him walking away, he sat at a table amongst the "popular" kids, although nobody really liked them. They were all looking in her direction and laughing for some strange reason.

Something about their interaction had made her smile, someone finally wanted to be her friend! Someone famous at that!

But how was she gonna text him if she didn't have a phone?

/////////////////

(First Person POV Theo)

She was so...dull, did she even talk?

'What's your name' It sounded more like a demand than a question...He struggled to be friendly, not everyday does someone have to fake being friends with some school loner.

He had managed to find out her name. Cynthia...It suited her in a way. She didn't speak and when she did it was with a stutter, she was quiet as a mouse and had somewhat of an accent.

He'd have to be quick, she was probably shocked that someone like him would even bother to talk to her. After giving her his number he walked back to his spot. The table laughed in sync and he joined.

Theodore felt slightly bad but she'd probably get over it anyways.

It was the end of the day and he walked out of World history, ignoring his crowd of cheerleaders, he entered the parking lot and saw Cynthia reading a book.

What was up with her and those stupid books...

Walking up to her, he stared for a bit before saying hello. Startled, she dropped her book and quickly picked it back up.

Even weirder, she smiled. What was going on...

(Cynthia POV)

It was my friend who came wishing me a farwell home! I smiled at him but he didn't return the gesture.

I hugged him, earning a couple stares from bystanders.

"hello friend!" I exclaim.

I don't know what came over me, I finally had someone to talk to after the many years of loneliness. Someone actually liked me!

Someone actually noticed me.