21...

I had this weird feeling inside my gut when I saw Cynthia, she looked the same; just significantly skinnier.

I don't know if this feeling was a mix of remorse and regret, two feelings that ceased to exist in me. I whole heartedly doubted I'd ever feel bad for anything.

Although seeing her in that state made my hand yearn to touch her, as she looked like she was on the verge of crying out a river.

It was awkward to say the least but instead of chasing after her I slowly walked towards first period to forget the dramatic ass scene that happened not too long ago.

I don't know why but there was something about Jake that pissed me off when I walked into the room.

The fact that he ran away so suddenly after I confronted Courtney just makes me question why the fuck was he there and what the hell did he do?

There was no doubt they were both planning something against her, but Jake specifically has a thing for Cynthia. I didn't like that.

"Yo I tap his shoulder

"Hey Theo I have g seen you in forever bro" he tries to dap me up but I just look at his hand in disgust.

One thing about Jake is how clear it was to read him.

He practically drooled over girls and was practically a pervert. When he wasn't with Conner, Ethan and me, he was probably somewhere jerking off or having sex.

I'm not a very religious individual per day, but sexual immortality definitely was his biggest sin.

"What were you and Courtney planning against Cynthia. I turned around and you ran away like a little bitch."

He laughed awkwardly, "Dude it's not that serious we were just trynna tease her"

"If sexual harassment is what you're trying to tease her with just know you're gonna have about 10 broken limbs attempting to do so."

"Woah why are you so upset T-dawg? I didn't know you actually cared about that African girl" Ethan chimed in.

One thing I had to do soon was drop them. It was fun while it lasted being part of this friend group but they honestly are just starting to irritate the absolute fuck out of me.

"The prank was already enough, there was never an agreement that she'd go through hell and back two months later. It was a one day thing. I'm just saying, grow the fuck up." I argue.

"You weren't so defensive of her when you decided to tell the whole school she was a refugee and has a dead brother, so what's the difference now?" Conner adds.

"You know you should really shut the fuck up" I say.

"He's right though, you didn't feel bad then so why feel bad now? I'm just trying to have fun" Jake states.

" Wait don't actually care about her do you?" He says.

If I'm going to be a hundred percent honest with myself, don't know if I cared or not, I hadn't felt much regret for what I did that night until now.

I wasn't expecting to come back and still see her getting tormented. Realizing now, I can't say I'm shocked by Courtney's outrages jealousy for her. The amount of text messages I revived when I was gone of her asking who was prettier between her and Cynthia was absurd. She was extremely insecure, and I couldn't help but admit to contributing to Cynthia's harassment from Courtney, as I always chose her when those dumb questions were asked.

But I knew she was only going to be temporary in my life it's not like she's someone important.

So there was honestly no need for being jealous.

"No I don't care about her" I half lied.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I slowly turned the knob of the door and stepped out to a dark empty hallway. 

School ended almost 2 hours ago, but I hid in the janitors room u til majority of the students left.

The end of the school day meant more teasing, and for some reason Courtney and her goons were always at the school doors waiting to greet me with their remarks or punches.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I'd rather miss the bus and walk a good 30 minutes than endure her everyday.

With my job at the froyo place I would be able to bike at least a bike to travel to school and back to the shelter, but winter was here and I one, didn't know how to ride one and two, I didn't want to bust my behind on ice.

It left me with no choice but to walk in the freezing cold while everyone else had cars or parents to pick them up.

I eventually arrived to the homeless shelter with boots covered in snow, snot running down my knows and my ears ringing in pain.

Boston was NOT the place to be in the winter time.

This is was also when the shelter got a little bit full so if you didn't get a room you were left to fend for yourself out in the streets.  I would be scared but Fiona always had my back when spots were at risk.

I made my way to my room after greeting the front desk. They were decorating the lobby with Christmas trees and lights. Aside from the horrible weather, Christmas was my favorite event at the homeless shelter. It meant gifts! Last year I got a nice pair of jeans, some new sneakers, and a makeup kit. I looked forward to the donations that were going to come this year.

My room was small but I didn't need a big space to fit the very few belongings that I owned. It was built like a motel room and I'd say the bathroom was more spacious than the actual bedroom itself but I had no right to make complaints.

I made sure to keep it clean as much as I could. The water wasn't always warm, but fortunately it was today. The shower made my bones relax and warmed me from what I'd say was a blizzard I endured outside.

My back from school routine consisted of me showering, grabbing dinner, doing homework and eating.

I wasn't very social with the other homeless people and reasonably so, the age gaps were all over the place.

The lady across the hall was a sigue mom of three while the one next to me was an old man in his early 80s.

There was no opportunities to make friends here. At first I was sad but since the betrayal of Theodore I figured friends aren't necessary.

I made my way to kitchen the to grab my dinner. I was the only one there considering it was almost shut down.

"Hello is someone there?"

"Yea I'm coming..."

I froze in my spot not knowing whether to run away. The risk was practically having to starve. I avoided lunch everyday. This was my only meal of the day and it meant I'd have to wait another 24 hours to eat. Did I really want that?

"Can I have my meal please" I said to break the silence. Joseph quietly apologized and started playing my food. It was awkward. Very awkward.

I could feel his gaze on me but all I could focus on was the portions, the very small portions he was giving me of my favoriate mash potatoes and chicken gravy. I almost didn't notice him speak.

"Look, I'm sorry for ignorant you at that party, I seen how everyone's treating you and it's not right. I-I was being a follower." I vaguely understand him as my plate continued to look like a child's meal. I was hungry, starving.

"I mean I didn't even know you were homeless and it makes me even more angry at myself. And that video is hey posted of you it's just...I'm sorry, can you forgive me? I've been meaning to apologize but I didn't have the opportunity".

All I heard were the words video, sorry and opportunity. I could pay attention to his babbling as my stomach loudly growled at me.

"Can I get some more mash potatoes please" I ask.

/////////
Not edited
Congo is still bleeding.

My Insta is @yanhelia tbh contact me there to remind me to update cause all motifs are off for wattpad on my phone