0.0

Somewhere, Nowhere 1990

‘"Well Lorie. What do you choose?"

*-*-*-*

Sewer System, Derry, Maine

 Lorie takes a deep gasp and jolts awake, startling the teens. They all instinctively jumped away; still slightly afraid this was all another trick from Pennywise.

"Oh shit, not a dead person."

"Oh My God! Annie?! You're not dead!?"

Mike and Eddie screech out simultaneously, both pairs of eyes wide with shock. Richie jumps back so far, he lands on his butt. Beverly grabs Ben’s arm and tugs him away. Stan stays frozen near her in shock. Bill does the same for a moment before he sobs out in relief, laying his head on her chest to gain comfort.

Lorie doesn't hear a thing at first, but does feel pressure on her chest and instantly starts to aggressively push away, thinking it's her kidnapper come to torture her again. The pressure leaves her as Bill jumps away in shock with the Losers and she curls up tightly to shield herself from the expected attack.

"P-Please no m-more! I-I-I-I can't fucking take it anymore! I-I-I'm sorry! I-I'll stop fighting. I'll be good! I-I-I'm so damn s-sorry! Please don't hurt me again!" She begs with hysterical defeat laced in her voice. The Losers all look at the beaten-down girl in shock and sadness. They had never heard her say a bad-language word before. On some occasions, she would even scold the boys for such vulgarity. It was very obvious that this place, that demon changed and destroyed her.

Stan, who was the one who could always calm her down from things the easiest, swallows the lump in his throat and slowly leans down to her. When he gets close, he gently places his hand on her fist that was clenched tightly on the muddy ground.

"Babylove? Can you hear me?" The shaking girl expects a blow to her body or a torturous verbal blow. So, she flinches because she was very shocked to hear that name coming from such a soft caring voice talking to her, and a soft caress on her hand. This voice sends a wave of calm and a feeling of home through her. That name and the voice sound familiar, but she doesn't remember where she heard that voice. Pennywise certainly never used that name or that tone with her, so this was new.

She uncurls her body and hesitantly lifts her head and opens her eyes, looking at the scene in front of her. Lorie notices a few things at the same time. Firstly, everywhere she looked, it was gold. The entire room she was in was gold. Secondly, she saw seven figures spread out around her. Thirdly, four of them had a white angelic glow outlining their bodies. And lastly, none of these people looked familiar to her.

"I think I hit my head a little too hard and I fucking died, because I am seeing nothing but a weird ass gold room with 4 regular people and 4 white glowing angels." She stammers out, her mind completely confused and muddled. The four glowing angels look at her in hesitant amusement. She feels another wave of calm and safety flush through her. But instead of lingering on that thought, she smiles slightly, but still keeps her guard up.

"I don't know who the fuck you are but thank you! I'm Loretta Ann Sympox, but most people call me Lorie, nice to meet ya!" She tells them before putting her hand out politely for Stan to shake.

"That's Lorie? Oh man, you guys are so lucky!" Ben whispers smiling at Eddie. Bev rolls her eyes and tugs her boyfriend away. She and Laycey make short eye contact and silently agree that they need their time and privacy. Beverly quietly walks to Eddie and leans into his ear.