1.6

The Losers walk to the center of the cavern, heads tilted up as they scanned the area. It was dark, only their flashlights making the room brighter. Beverly stumbled on what she thought was rocks, but further investigation told her it was human remains. She squeaks, Ben tugging her to him in comfort. Eddie is slightly in front of Richie, their hands intertwined.

"So what, this has been under Derry, like forever?" Eddie gawkes. Mike shakes his head, but doesn't look at him.

"Not forever, just a few hundred years." He mumbles as he gets in between the spikes of the demon's resting place.

"Come on, everybody in." Mike calls. As soon as they are inside the spikes he begins the ritual. He places the native artifact on the ground in the middle, and stands to look at his family.

"It can only be attacked and defeated in his true form. The ritual will tell us that." Mike states, looking everyone in the eyes. Ben speaks up before he can continue.

"What's his true form?" He asks. Mike goes to answer him, but Richie beats him to it.

"I hope it's a puppy. Like a Pomeranian..or a dachshund or…. okay I'll shut up." Richie stops after seeing Eddie give him a look. Mike continues then, feeling the need to grab his wife and sister and get out of there quickly.

"His true form is actually a man. Human in fact. His name was Penn Wiser, and he was a part of this village that had Nature as their God. In every generation, one person is given a power -a blessing as they called it- from their God to protect the village. He was the person in his generation to receive it, and shortly after he found his soulmate. Legend says that his soulmate was brutally murdered in front of him, making his blessing turn curse. His being was filled with deep black anger and hatred, creating the demon we know today." Mike tells them.

"Wait, so this clown this-this demon is a man that turned dark because he watched his love die? He's just a man?! How exactly are we supposed to turn him back into a man?!" Stan chimes in in disbelief.

"This ritual will turn him back into a human. Your artifacts, the ones you gathered today, place them in the fire. The past must burn with the present. I'll go first." Mike commands as he lights a fire in the artifict at his feet. After the flame is lit, he holds his artifact up to Beverly.

"Bev, do you remember this?" The redhead looks at the rock, and squints before the memory hits her.

"The rock fight! That's where you met us, met Laycey for the first time!" She exclaims. Mike nods.

"This marked the first moment we ever had as a family." He says as he throws the rock in the fire. Eddie scoffs quietly and leans in to Richie to comment.

"Rocks don't burn quickly, we'll be here a while." He snarks. Richie nods in agreement for a second before he's stopped. Shockingly, the rock melts and fizzles as if it were soft and squishy. Mike steps back in between Stan and Ben and nods to Beverly. The woman steps forward slightly, holding a piece of paper in her hands.

"This was the first love note my soulmate ever wrote me. I had it memorized after two days of me having it. It symbolizes the start of Us." She says softly, eyeing Ben with a pained love look. Ben smiles, mouthing the words 'I love you.'. Beverly replies the same, before throwing the paper into the flame. It burns, turning into flakes of ash. 

Ben goes next, stepping forward clearing his throat. He pulls out his wallet, and grabs a folded piece of paper before he speaks out.

"This is-uh-This is the first statement of feelings the love of my life ever declared to me. And I've carried it with me through the years, never leaving my wallet until now." Ben sniffs before reluctantly putting his paper in the fire. After it caught fire he stood next to his wife and hugged her tightly to his side. Bill went next.