0.1

Three Months Later

Atlanta General Hospital

Lorie walks into the office, steaming hot Italian food in hand for her husband who was working late in his office at the hospital. He hadn't been able to take care of himself lately with him being so tired when he got home. He would come home, say hi to his husband and his wife and then fall asleep. Lorie thought that maybe a good home cooked meal would fix that, so she decided to get out of the house for the first time in a while. She came into his office with a soft smile.

"Hey Lovey, I know you've been staying late here the past few nights, so I thought I - " Lorie already wasn't feeling well that day and the sight in front of her instantly made her sickness worse. Her eyes teared up and Lorie ran before she could throw up, ignoring the startled sounds of confusion.

*_*_*_*

Lorie sits at her desk in the Loser's Mansion as she writes, tears staining the paper as she tries to sniffle them away.

I'm sorry boys, but I can't do this anymore. I can't risk getting hurt again. I can't risk YOU getting hurt.

*-*-*-*

"S-S-Sunshine, don't d-d-do this." Bill's voice cracks as he pleads with his arms out, trying to get her to stop and listen. Lorie's heart broke at the sound of his stutter coming back but pushed it away and ignored his pleas to frantically push him away only to bump into Stan. She tries to fight his hold on her, but he holds her firm.

He looked at her with a frown and with a voice hoarse he asked her frantically.

"Babylove, please! Come back inside and tell me what happened?"

Lorie finally rips away from Stan and ignores both of them and slips out of their reach to rush to her car.

"S-Sunshine! Come on! S-Stop the c-car! S-Stop! O-Open the door! Tell me w-whats wrong! Whatever it is I-I'll fix it!"

"Babylove don't you do this! Whatever it is we did, we can fix it! I'll make it better, like always! Don't you take Jay! Please! Don't you leave me! Open the door!"

*-*-*-*

"Momma, where are we going?" Robin asks Lorie two hours into the car ride. Lorie glances at four children in the rear view mirror. She inhales a bit, before answering her daughter.

"We-uh, We're going on an adventure Jay. We are gonna go surprise Uncle Mike and Aunt Laycey." She speaks thickly to her daughter, and goes to say more when her phone starts going off. She glances down at her phone, sighing when she realizes that Stan and Bill must have already called the others. It rings with the screen showing an incoming call from Richie.

Accept or Decline.

*-*-*-*

One Month Later

Gasp!

Lorie jolts awake from her nightmare, tears falling down her water-stained cheeks. She looks around and sees she is in one of the guest rooms at Mike and Laycey Hanlon's house.

Right. It wasn't a nightmare. It was a memory.

She closed her eyes to push away the depression and sadness. She couldn't do this. She couldn’t dwell. Lorie had four kids she had to be strong for. With a soft sigh she heaves herself up to stand from her bed. As soon as the blonde is vertical, she gets a big wave of nausea, so she rushes to her connecting bathroom and empties her stomach into the toilet. She had been at her son's godparents for a week now, and she had been feeling under the weather for the past couple weeks. She just chalked it down as stress and now that it's worse, heartbreak. If it wasn't that she figures that it's side effects from straining her bond with her mates. Maybe it’s all of the above.