0.9

Richie

Outskirts of Downtown Derry

Richie literally had no idea where to look for his token, and that drove him insane. So he decided to take a walk down the main street of Derry to see if anything sticks out. As he looked at the stores and places, his mind went to all the memories he had with his friends-with Lorie. But then he passes by the movie theater that he went to as a child with his friends. And for some reason he feels a pull to enter, and heads to a specific cinema room, making a bad memory come to his mind.

*-*-*-*

Flashback

Richie laid in his bed for a while longer in silence. It made his mind wander. And as per usual he found himself thinking about one of his two favorite people. Specifically a certain green eyed blonde. He missed her so much. He sometimes felt that so much time passed that he didn't even remember what her laugh sounded like. One thing that will never leave his memory though, is the bright blue and purple shirt she was wearing the last time he saw her. Richie had actually given that shirt to Lorie. It was his. She told him she liked the colors and he instantly gave it to her. She of course refused at first, but eventually caved when Richie just shoved the shirt in her hands and said "No take backs, it's yours!" and then stuck his tongue out at her for good measure.

But then Richie's mind went from that golden happy moment to the darker parts of his mind.

'I should have walked her home. I should have made sure she was safe! It's my fault she's gone MY FAULT!' His guilty conscience yelled at him. 'Why weren't you there!'

He is snapped out of his thoughts by the loud sound of a low growl emitting from his closet. His blood runs cold and he sits up to stare at his closet door. His breath becomes short as the door slowly creeps open. Dark Yellow eyes shine through the dark as they train on Richie. Slowly the eyes come closer and it turns into more. The eyes now have a face and a body, both covered in hair with a long, snarling, wolf-like nose.

"What the fuck...." Richie whispers with fear.

It was the werewolf from the movie "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" that he went and saw with Lorie and Eddie. The vision impaired teen had convinced the two to try it out. Lorie clung to Richie the entire time during that movie, even burying her face into his shoulder to hide her face from the scary movie. Eddie inhaled all of the popcorn and used the bucket to shield his eyes.

The werewolf glares at Richie from the closet and bares his big yellow teeth as he stalks forward. With one last hard snap of his jaw, he lunges at the terrified boy. Richie jumps back at its quick and sharp movements, and then leaps to his bedroom door. The werewolf follows him and slowly walks to the door.

Richie keeps his eyes trained on the creature as he fumbles searching for his doorknob for several long moments. The monster was mere inches from Richie when he finally found his doorknob. He instantly grips a firm hold on it and rips it open. He doesn't look back as he escapes his room. He makes it out of his room 3 feet before he stops. He's not in the hallway at his house. He's in the Derry town Cinema, in the exact theater he was in when he went with Lorie and Eddie. The werewolf no longer behind him.

He gasps out in confusion as he walks to where they sat. He sits in the seat he sat in last time and looks around. No one else was seeing this movie. The lighting changes indicating the movie is starting so Richie turns and watches. His eyes fill with horror and grief as he sees the video on the screen.

Lorie is being roughly pinned down by the werewolf. He is using one of his hands to keep her hands clasped above her head, his claws digging into her wrists deep enough to draw a little blood. His other hand is hovering above her chest, claws lightly scratching her skin covering her collarbone. Her head is turned in an awkward angle to face the camera, or really at Richie. Richie can tell Lorie can see him, her watery and pain-filled eyes are looking right at him.