Epilogue

Two Weeks Later

"Dr. Kaspbrak- Eddie. Looking over her tests and vitals, I'm not sure she's going to make it out of this comatose state. I can't even figure out how she's still alive! That wound that is in her chest would have been instantly fatal to anyone. Christina is baffled by it. She's never seen anyone last this long with a heart in as bad conditions as hers. She's just not strong enough." Lorie hears an unfamiliar voice speak into darkness. She looks around for them, but sees nothing.

"I'm here! I'm right here goddammit! Listen to me!" She screams. But she goes unheard. Eddie speaks as if he doesn't even know she can hear him.

"Look Derek. I've seen the scans. Her brain is in way better shape than other patients you've seen walk out of this fucking hospital. Dr. Yang is supposed to be the best in cardio there is! You said that yourself! Fix my wife! Give her that artificial heart Yang was telling me about! I don't care how much it costs, or how much it takes! Just get it done!" He screams. Lorie hears shuffling and then Richie speaks in a weakened voice.

"Calm down, Eds. He knows what she means to us. You flew him, his sister, his wife, and her best friend down all the way from Seattle to take over her care. They are the best of the best. If anyone can do it, it's them." Eddie sighs and replies dully.

"I just need her to wake up. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't. I'm tired of giving hope when it's futile." Lorie screams out in frustration.

*-*-*-*

 Three Weeks Later

"Alright Jay Bird be quiet, we are letting mommy and the twins sleep. But tell me and daddy about your day at school?" Lorie hears Bill say quietly. The blonde perks up at the sound of her daughter's voice. It had felt like so much time had passed since she heard it.

"Well, we talked about our times tables, and our spelling list of the week. One of the words was Birdhouse. I obviously got that one right, and I'm still the Best Bee in the class. And then, Ms. Weasley let us go outside and play for free time! I played with Luna, we played Safari Jungle and we found all the pretty animals and -" Lorie heard her little girl ramble on about her day, and it put her at ease. She smiled, and sat down.

*-*-*-*

One Week Later 

"Come on Babylove. We know you are in there. Come back to us. Please. I-I need you. I can't do this without you." Stan's pleas echo around Lorie, making her more frantic and eager to open her eyes. She can feel his soft hands hold hers.

"I'm trying, Birdy! I'm trying!" She yells angrily. She clenches her hands tightly, and heards Stan gasp slightly. Lorie feels herself grow stronger, and doesn't let up her grip.

"Babylove? Eddie! Come here!" Lorie hears Stan yell, and footsteps grow louder. Stan's hands begin to shake before he speaks again.

"Eddie, look! She's gripping my hand! It's not a spasm because she did it right after I spoke to her! She's coming back!" Stan exclaimed excitedly. Lorie can hear shuffling, and feels an exchange of a hand holding hers, and gentle fingertips on her face.

"Annie? If you can hear me, do it again." Lorie tries with all her might once again, but this time nothing happens. She screams out in rage and all but throws herself on the ground in a fit.

"Dude, I think it was just a spasm. Trust me, there will be big signs telling us she's about to wake up." Eddie tells Stan sadly. Lorie cries to herself, wondering if she was being punished instead of sent back.

"I can hear you, my loves. I'm coming, just don't give up."

*-*-*-*

Two Weeks Later