Flashback to That Night

Eddie sat in his office, exhausted from his shift in the Labor and Delivery wing. He was the only lead Peds surgeon for the last half of his shift, Dr. Hawkins having to leave early for whatever reason. And it seemed everyone and their mother decided to have their baby with some form of complication. And now he had to fill out all of the paperwork for each of his patients that his interns neglected to do. He was this close to firing his interns for not doing their job. It had been like this for the past four shifts, hectic and constant work and then paperwork afterwards.

And to top it all, one of his nurses wouldn't stop trying to get him in her bed. Nurse Myra was a heavier set great NICU nurse, she did her job efficiently, and took care of her babies in the NICU well, but she was such a nuisance to Eddie. The woman seemed to be absolutely obsessed with him.

Myra lost her soulmate in a house fire shortly after she got married, and she hadn't been the same since.

He had told her the first time she attempted to flirt with him-which was on his first day- that he was happily married and completely in love. But that didn't not deter her. If anything, it made her pine after him more. Myra even went as far as stalking him on his break. She would listen in on his conversations, and one conversation made her think she hit gold. At first she thought he was cheating on his wife, because he was talking to someone named 'Richie' about how he couldn't care less about his current boner, and to just wait till he got home.

The first chance Myra got to talk to his wife, she immediately informed her of what she heard, about Eddie's 'affair with Richie', thinking that Lorie would be heartbroken and leave him for the obsessed nurse. But to her embarrassment and confusion, Lorie laughed. She laughed so hard that she had tears rolling down her cheeks. Myra stood there looking at the woman like she was insane.

After Lorie had calmed down, she explained that there was no cheating, no affair and that her, Eddie, and Richie were soulmates. She also went on to explain to Myra that she had four soulmates including the two men. Myra was so embarrassed, but now extremely angry at the blonde. It wasn't fair that her soulmate left her, and an annoying bitch like Lorie got four.

So after that, Myra made it her mission to get Eddie. She would belittle and bully Lorie every time she came up to the hospital. She was constantly rude to her, never civil unless they were around Eddie

She just knew that Eddie would be happier with one lover, not two people who have to split their time with Eddie with others. That was almost two years ago, with no progress since then.

But that was about to change, because Myra had been telling the interns that she would do their patient filing for them so they didn't have to. Those poor baby doctors believed her, and went with it, not knowing that Myra would just put the stack of papers on Eddie's desk to do after his shift.

It had been three nights since Eddie had stayed late, and tonight was no different. But Nurse Myra was going to make her move tonight. She made sure that everyone had gone home for the day, and then headed in to see Eddie. Myra saw him at his desk writing, and she knocked on the door for entry.

''Come in!" Myra pushed the door open and looked at Eddie, hoping he would want to talk to her. But he didn't even seem to acknowledge her, keeping his head down in favor of finishing his paperwork.

"Eddie, I – " the doctor cuts her off sharply.

"We have talked about this, only colleagues and family may call me Eddie. You will call me Dr. Kaspbrak, Nurse Myra." Eddie told her with agitated boredom, still not bothering to move his attention from his work. Myra stammered, not expecting that reaction. But she quickly brushes it away.