1.7

Pool of Water in the Cavern

Bill and Stan fall into the water, just missing the powerful jaw of Pennywise. The cool temperature soothed their fear flushed bodies, making their time in the water almost serene. Bill’s crystal blue eyes fluttered open to see Stan already looking at him. They share a soft smile and reach out their hands to intertwine them, but just as their fingers brush, a water current pushes them away from each other, sending them to opposite ends of the small body of water kicking and screaming.

The current shoves Stan up out of the water, and he rapidly checks his surroundings. He was terrified, but he seems to be in his now flooded childhood living room. He would know this place like the back of his hand. He rubs the water away from his face, and coughs slightly. He puffs out a breath as he recalls every memory of the place. The religious decorations scattered on the walls almost glare at him, screaming at him that he is unholy. The pictures sneer at him, reminding him that he is not worthy to be in this house.

He stares so hard at a particular figurine on his mantle, but his train of thought is soon cut off by the sound of someone clearing their throat. Stan turns and sees his dad glowering at him. His mouth goes dry when he sees his father, unable to say anything. He looks like he did when Stan was a teenager. That doesn’t register to him though. All he knows is his dad is here, and he looks angry.

“Hello, Stanley. How are you?” Rabbi Uris sneers aggressively. Stan is taken slightly aback by the amount of anger in his dad’s tone, not understanding the meaning behind it. But he answers his father nonetheless.

“I’m-uh, I’m good dad.” he mumbles out nervously. Deep down Stan knew what was going on, that this wasn’t real. It wasn’t his dad; it was just Pennywise screwing with his head. But he couldn’t help but go along with it.

“Good?” the older man glares at his son. Stan gulps audibly, and goes to question what he meant by that comment, but his ‘dad’ continued.

“Good? You are anything but good son. You are committing harlotry with a man and woman. It’s unholy! Unnatural!” Rabbi Uris yells angrily, stalking closer to the now trembling Stan.

“B-But dad it’s n-not my fault! I- “ Stan tries to squeak out, but is abruptly silenced by his father once again. But this time it’s his hand that silences his son, having stricken him across the face. Stan’s head swivels to the side, gasping at the impact.

"Dad, why - " Stan tries to speak, but is cut off by a harsh kick to his gut from his dad. The blow sends him to the ground, cowering against the wall.

“Unnatural!”

“Profane!”

“Ungodly!”

“Ungrateful!”

“Dishonorable! I can't believe I have you as my son. I've been a good servanto God. Why I got landed with an offsprin like you baffles me! It's ridiculous!” Rabbi Uris yelled over and over as he kept hitting Stan. His vision becomes blurry with blood and tears as the words and the beating sinks into him.

“I-I’m sorry dad! Please stop this! Stop!” Stan cries loudly trying to shield his face with his arms. Rabbi Uris doesn't really care, and starts to hit and kick his arms.

“I-I’m sorry! Please stop this! Stop!” but his 'dad' ignores him continues on,

*-*-*-*

Just 27 meters away, Bill is shoved out of the water as well, but he notices as he is in the flooded basement of his childhood home. He coughs the water out of his lungs, and glances around the room. Every little thing is placed exactly as it was when he was a kid, right down to the Disney Collector’s pure silver baby spoon set. Slowly Bill turns and looks at everything, and at first he doesn’t notice the other person going down the stairs.